Michael's Independent Platform for the Special Election
1. Keep ALL homeowners in their homes by federal restructuring of mortgages based on fair market values and refinancing
at fixed rates at 4% or less for 30 years. This is not nationalization! A New Bank of the United States needs to be
chartered to take over these mortgages. The interest going to the treasury.
2. Support the stimulus and jobs creation packages
and new SEC enforcement measures.
3. Equal pay for equal work among men and women and minorities.
4. Protect seniors from the financial crisis by relaxing pension withdrawal
requirements in this down market so they are not forced to take losses.
5. Provide the president with the power to eliminate
pork in the budget.
6. Invest in infrastructure to enhance homeland security, safety, and create jobs.
7. Reject partisanship
and special interests to get the job done.
8. Secure our borders immediately and strictly enforce immigration laws to protect
jobs and security.
9. Protect 2nd Amendment rights for lawful gun owners and increase penalties for criminals in possession
10. Protect privacy rights as technology advances while improving anti-terrorism technologies.
11. Establish merit
promotion in government jobs, schools and all other public sector employment.
12. Attract science and math teachers from the private
sector with monetary incentives.
13. Provide cash incentives to people who buy fuel-efficient cars.
14. Resist all lobbyists and represent
the views of the people of the 20th district and the American people.
15. Protect Seniors by ensuring the social security trust fund.