Experience Level: Advanced
25 yards sock yarn
1. Pre-string the beads onto the yarn with a bead-stringing needle (figure A) in the following order: 85 turquoise, (one white, seven turquoise) six times, (one dark blue, one white, 5 turquoise, one white) six times, (one dark blue, one white, two turquoise, one white, one dark blue) six times, (one dark blue, two white, one dark blue) six times, 12 white, and then six turquoise.
6mm glass seed beads (250 turquoise, 60 white, 35 dark blue)
3" contrasting colored yarn
size C crochet hook
bead stringing needle
2. Ch two, work in Bhdc throughout. Work in rounds with the wrong side facing at all times. Don't join the rounds, but use contrasting colored yarn to mark the beginning/end of all rounds.
3. Round one work six Bhdc in second chain from hook, don't join the rounds and don't turn, and then lay contrasting colored yarn in.
4. Round two work two Bhdc in each stitch around 12 stitches.
5. Round three repeat the last round 24 stitches.
6. Round four two Bhdc in next stitch, Bhdc in next stitch; repeat 36 stitches.
7. Round five Bhdc in each of next two stitches, two Bhdc in next stitch; repeat 48 stitches.
8. Round six Bhdc in each stitch around.
9. Round seven two sc in next stitch, slip stitch in next stitch, BU5B, slip stitch in next stitch; repeat 64 stitches.
10. Loop slip stitch in next sc, work 5 Bch, skip next sc, slip stitch in next slip stitch, fasten and end off.
11. Tie Pre-string about 60 beads onto the yarn. Loosely chain 24 inches, sc in second chain from hook and in each chain across, but work Bsc for center eight inches.
12. Pull the tie through the loop.