PRO: Ryan Gibbons was signed by the Dallas Cowboys on June 23, 2008 after spending the 2007 season on the practice squads of Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and Chicago. He was allocated to NFL Europe by Jacksonville in the spring of 2007 and assigned to the Hamburg Sea Devils where he saw time in 10 games with five starts at guard. He helped the Sea Devils win the final NFL Europe World Bowl title with their 37-28 victory over the Frankfurt Galaxy in World Bowl XV. Gibbons originally entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Jacksonville Jaguars when he signed with the team on May 11, 2006.
2007 (Jacksonville/Tampa Bay/Chicago):
- Spent the year on the practice squad with Chicago, Tampa Bay and finally Jacksonville.
COLLEGE: - Four-year starter on the offensive line at Northeastern, playing in 46 career games with 36 starts and missed only one game in his career.
- Started all 11 games as a senior and earned the Chris Midgett Award as the team's top lineman and was also named All-Conference first-team.
- Started all 11 games as a junior earning All-Conference honors as the line allowed only 16 sacks.
- Started all 12 games as a sophomore, earning All-Conference honors and helped Northeastern set the school record with 5,182 total yards.
- Saw action in 12 games as a redshirt freshman, recording four starts.
PERSONAL: - Ryan Gibbons was a two-year letterman at Marshfield, Mass., High School.
- Named team's Most Improved Lineman as a senior.
- Also lettered in golf.
- Majored in sociology at Northeastern.