Citizens For Effective Justice (CFEJ)
PLEASE REPORT ANY WEB PAGE RELATED PROBLEMS TO:
OR, GO TO OUR DOMAIN SITE
INFO. FOR ATTORNIES and JUDGES
CENTERS, PUNISHMENTS, ETC.
OPEN LETTER RESPONDING TO SOME COMMON OBJECTIONS
WHAT CAN I DO???
CHARGED WITH A CRIME???
ABOUT THE BOOK
PROPOSALS/EXCERPTS FROM BOOK
HONOR SYSTEM BASED DOWNLOADING and READING
FOR HOSTS AND PRODUCERS
BACK TO TOP
What is CFEJ?
CFEJ is a loosely-knit organization of people, from all walks of life and political persuasions, who want changes made in the way our criminal justice system deals with the problems of crime and prison overcrowding.
AND who are willing to take an active role in accomplishing these changes...
Our commonalties are:
1) We are "FED UP" with having a criminal justice system which wastes our tax dollars and does little to reduce crime.
2) We are working towards SOLUTIONS, instead of just complaining about the problems.
3) We are working toward the implimentation of an alternative system which would result in the criminals being afraid, instead of the citizens.
4) We believe the proposed changes will make our streets safer; but, wouldn't cost a lot of tax dollars
5) We believe that issues related to crime control should target ONLY those people who have had the benefit of due process and been determined to be guilty, rather than the population as a whole.
6) We realize that the "tug of war" between those who demand consequences for criminal behavior and those who seek to rehabilitate the offender must be stopped, for any significant progress to be realized. Our goal is to transition to a system where these objectives are complimentary, rather than mutually exclusive.
7) We believe that, together, we CAN make a difference!
There are no fees to "join," The "membership dues" are your active involvement, in your own community, in helping to make these changes happen. You are as much of a member as you choose to be... The things you do need not be costly or even time consuming. They can range from things as simple as telling others about this web site (especially your state legislators, local judges and attornies, and talk show hosts) all the way up to training (which is "free") and working pre-legislative waiver cases.