- Liquidate the bad debt,
- Cut government spending,
- Drastically reduce business regulation to incent double digit economic growth.
Reduce military spending (except for defensive programs)
- Open up Anwar for oil (the working poor and the middle class are getting hammered with high oil costs and the impact that flows throughout the economy)
- Leave people alone.
- Stop looking for dragons to slay internationally.
- Treat terrorism as a crime (because in most cases it is the only option).
- Put more violent criminals in jail for a longer period of time
- Release more non-violent criminals from jail (because it is too expensive)
- Drastically reduce illegal immigration because it is against the law (I'm big on the rule of law) and I believe it costs our country money when we can least afford it.
- Drastically increase legal immigration of highly skilled and educated people.
- Encourage the fed to stop fiddling with the control knobs of the economy.
- Explain to people why the feds actions are not as effective as we have been led to believe.
- Cut direct social security and welfare payments by 2.5 % each year for the next two years. (Or you can have it cut by 50% in ten years, the simple math does not work any other way.
- Reduce capital gains rate to 10%, if the economy continues to grow (as historically it always has) reduce it to 7%.
- Encourage state and local governments to enact pro-business and pro jobs policies, and reduce regulations (zoning laws, taxes, etc) that harm the economy. Much of the damage to the economy actually begins at the local level, and much of the repair should begin locally.
- Protect private property rights, and nominate judges who understand completely the historical necessity of private propery rights.
- Shoot economy and investment experts who confuse debt with liquidity. (OK, we probably shouldn't have them shot).
- Give honest state of the Union addresses , and not use the time to layout all of my new spending plans for the next year.