Neurotic Forums » Neurotic Plugins » Organize Series WordPress Plugin » Usage Help

How do you use it?

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by lorigreenberg
  • Latest reply from Darren
  1. Anonymous
    Unregistered

I installed and went through the set up page under options on wordpress but I cannot, for thelife of me, find a page where it actually tells me how to use it. I don't see any other instance of it running other than where you set it up.

Help please.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. There is no separate usage docs at the moment for this plugin BUT all the basic instructions are included on plugin page (just scroll down until you see the heading "Usage Instructions"). One of the reasons why I set up this forum is for helping people who find it difficult understanding those instructions and/or wonder if they can do something that is outside the scope of the basic instructions.

Eventually I will be writing some more comprehensive documents but I just haven't had the time to do so yet.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. Anonymous
    Unregistered

This sounds like a really great plugin. I tend to write series posts, with three or four parts, and could really use this plugin. But I can't get it to work.

I followed the installation instructions. I created a category for my series, and I went back and checked that category on those posts (my posts usually have multiple categories, as they relate to multiple topics). I moved the category-xx.php file to my theme folder, and renamed it with the number of my series category.

But I'm not sure what's supposed to happen after that. I clicked on the series category from my sidebar and got a blank page. Maybe I need to edit the category-xx.php file, but I"m not sure what I'm supposed to change.

Any help would be appreciated. And I'll supply extra info if needed.

This plugin would be ideal for me, and I'd really like to get it working. Help!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. Anonymous
    Unregistered

Actually, I solved this problem. Now I need to figure out how to get the series category page to display properly.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. Hi Terrance,
    Series category page...I visited your blog and it looks like you've got it fixed? Still need any help?

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. Anonymous
    Unregistered

Thanks Darren,

It's working fine now. I just kept editing the category-xx.php file until I got it the way that I wanted it. I'd been missing some HTML coding and a CSS class required for it to work in my theme. I copied it over, along with the header, sidebar, and footer code from my index.php file.

It works great! Just what I needed!

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. Glad to see it works well for you Terrance! Usually that's what the problem is with some installs is that the category-xx.php file needs some tweaks for a particular theme. Hopefully in future versions I'll figure out a way of making it work better "out of the box" for folks :)

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.