2. Improving the Health and Mental Health Care Systems' Responses to Violence
What the Health
and Mental Health Care Systems Can Do To Make a Difference
ASCII or PDF
Acrobat Reader to read
all PDF documents
- Conduct public health campaigns.
- Educate all health care providers about violence against women.
- Create protocol and documentation guidelines for health care facilities,
and disseminate widely.
- Protect victim health records.
- Ensure that mandatory reporting requirements protect the safety and
health status of adult victims.
- Create incentives for providers to respond to violence against women.
- Create oversight and accreditation requirements for sexual assault
and domestic violence care.
- Establish health care outcome measures.
- Dedicate increased federal, state, and local funds to improving the
health and mental health care systems' responses to violence against
for agencies and organizations that can help you provide services, support,