Neurotic Forums » Neurotic Plugins » Organize Series WordPress Plugin » Installation Help

[closed]

Series Icons not working

(8 posts)
  • Started 2 months ago by ninjaknight
  • Latest reply from Darren
  1. ninjaknight

Series icons will not upload, then I realized I needed category-icons plugin, so I installed it, then when I go to upload a icon to a series it takes me to a blank page
    "wp-content/plugins/organize-series/orgSeries-manage.php"

I checked my upload folder and its still empty, i made uploads writable, is there something i'm missing?

also "Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders" is unchecked
    and i left "Store uploads in this folder" default, which is "/wp-content/uploads"

your advice would be greatly welcomed =)

Posted 2 months ago #
  2. Need to know what version of OrgSeries you are using and what version of WordPress.

Posted 2 months ago #
  3. ninjaknight

oh sorry, 2.7 wordpress and 2.0.8 OrgSeries, i just realized that category icons is not compatible with 2.7 wordpress.... ooops

just double checking, I do need category icons plugin for icons to work for series?

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. No you don't need category icons plugin for the icons to work. I'm not able to reproduce your problem on my end. Are there any other plugins installed on your system that use the built-in WordPress upload engine?

Posted 2 months ago #
  5. ninjaknight

i'm new to wordpress, its a fresh install but does have a good amount of plugins, i'm playing around with them trying to see what works and does not work...

I don't think its the plugin, somehow I have not given wordpress permission to make an uploads folder, because there was none, so i made one, then I tried to add the icon again, this time a error image showed up, so i checked the folder, and no image was there so i uploaded it through my ftp, then the image showed up in the icon spot and worked fine....

however I then made another series as a test, and attempted to upload another image, no go...

my guess is i'm not giving it permission... any idea how i can give wordpress permission?

Posted 2 months ago #
  6. Do you know how to do chmod? If not, see this doc on setting permissions.

See also this document for setting permissions for your wp-content folder.

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. ninjaknight

its silly that i have not already looked through most of these documents, thank you for taking the time to post them for me!

I did this with my ftp account, but not the main account, like the document "simply" explains!

thank you, i was going mad for a little bit there....

by the way, thank you for series, its an awesome plugin, very awesome!

Your blog in general is very inspirational, keep rockin it for the King of the Universe!

ill be watching you! =P at least your blog...

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. Glad to help - and glad you got things working :)

Posted 2 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.