Go Back   Smogon Community > Pokémon > Stark Mountain > Wi-Fi
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 8th, 2009, 10:51:31 PM   #1
TheMantyke

Send a message via AIM to TheMantyke
Default Welcome Back to Wal-Tyke

I’m back in the opposite color of white!

So Mantyke, What did you do during your hiatus?

I’m glad you asked. This is what I’ve done in the last year.
  • I started getting strait A’s again. I was over obsessed with wifi. Bleh.
  • I actually learned how to be a decent battler thanks to Shoddy. Kids, don’t wifi battle all the time. It rots your brain
  • I Found a new love for a Competitive game. SSBB YEAH!
  • I start getting really high A’s. Like, the highest they’ve ever been
  • I learn how to hack Super Mario World after viewing some funny youtube videos on it!
  • I come back to Pokémon for a month for Little Cup. Seriously, LC is awesome. Try it.
  • New year of High school, Woo-Hoo
  • I have an enormous and awesome self revelation caused by learning Spanish, philosophies of past civilizations and reading Fahrenheit 451.
  • I make some crappy movies from school
  • I write a business plan for a fake company
  • I download the free trial version of Adobe Flash and fall in love with the program
  • After, getting USB analog controllers for Christmas, I play a ROM of my favorite game ever, Banjo-Tooie, after 5 years of not playing it
  • I complete my childhood dream of making a cartoon with my favorite made up Characters. It’s here FYI. http://shnozmaster.deviantart.com/ar...de-1-109050188
  • I place third at a mathlete competition.
…And now I’m back for Platinum! Let the trading resume!

Pointers
  • Trading through posts is MISERABLE! If you’d like to trade with me, please just post that you want to trade and haggle with me somewhere else. mIRC is the preferred method (you can find me on #smash, #smogonwifi and occasionally #smogon) but you can try reaching me through AIM (never use this though) or PM. I’m not racking up my post count to around 11 billion again.
  • Not all of my crap is redistributable. Please keep the redistribution down to Tauros, Scizor, Evil Birdy, and SUPA FLY please. Anything I’ve bred before that’s not available now (I.E. Hitmontop and Dugtrio), distribute it to your hearts Content.
  • I use simple Action Replay Codes. The basic ones really. IV check, speeding up breeding, and cloning is pretty much all I use. Most of my old crap didn’t even use the Fast hatch and IV check codes. Of course, I’ve hacked TMs and items, but you’re not here for those now are you?
  • There are only two posts with content for my thread. Who the hell started all this multi-post crap? I’m only using two separate posts for my thread, not a million.
  • Looking for something? Use Control F.
Rules
  • Don’t trade me hacks Unless I ask you for hacks. Yes, I know the second part isn’t really right, but Adamant Pure Power Regigigas is an awesome trophy / Battle Tower Pimp!
  • I reserve the right to cancel trades. If you prove yourself an idiot to me, I think it’s fair that I don’t trade with you.
  • Not all my stuff is fully redistributable! Look up.
Pokémon
The reason you’re here

Gengar

Timid
Levitate
30/23/31/30/31/31
6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
-Shadow Ball Z
-Thunder Bolt
-Focus Blast
-Trick

This is definitely one of the best things I’ve ever bred. This Gengar is a meer two points away from complete flawlessness and rivals the stature of some emerald breeds. You should all know what Gengar does by now, so I won’t go into great detail explaining his role. You pick an attack and hit hard with it. I added on Trick as a bonus for this Gengar if you wanted to try him out with a pair of Choice Specs equipped.

For those of you who are interested, I actually bred this Gengar out of a personal desire. He commemorates a special character I made up in my childhood and is the closest I can get to that character in Pokemon form. If you can successfully guess what character I’m, talking about, then You’ll win one for free. I assure you though, this isn’t as difficult as you think!

This Gengar is also available as a level 1 Gastly with Hypnosis and Lick

Vespiquen

Impish
Pressure
31/31/31/31/28/24
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpDef
-Attack Order
-Toxic
-Roost
-U-Turn

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon and I was trying to abuse the RNG for a shiny pokemon (I was doing something wrong and had sat there for a good 4 hours x( ). However, I finally get a decent set to approach (60 taps) and decide I might as well shoot for it. Since it was impish and was female all across the board, I decided to use my Scizor as a father and my Sweet Scenting pokemon (A Vespiquen) as the mother to get a shiny Combee. It pops out all nice and red and my heart was instantly warmed by the satisfaction of creating a shiny bred pokemon. What’s miraculous is that it only took a few SR to get this EV spread (under 40 at most). And now we have smogon’s very first shiny Vespiuen.

This is my first competitive bred RNG abuse shiny and it is definitely nothing to scoff at. The Defensive Ivs are near perfect and the Offensive Stats are both 31. Don’t let that 24 Speed fool you, you’ll want it for Vespiquens slow STAB U-turn to send in a frail pokemon. Out of all my days in smogon, I’ve seen a grand total of one Vespiquen so I think you should buy yours now!

Oh, and for the record, this Vespiquen's mother was french! I might suggest you ask me to name it something like "Antoinette" or "Dauphine". Just remember not to fight anything that knows Guillotine!

This Vespiquen is also available as a level one Combee with Gust and Sweet Scent

Scizor

Adamant
Technician
26/31/31/31/31/29
EVs vary per set

Set One
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-U-turn
-Pursuit

Set Two
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Swords Dance
-Roost

Set Three
No EVs
-Bullet Punch
-Super Power
-Light Screen
-BatonPass

This is my first breed since my long hiatus from January 2008. One day, back in September, I decided to check out what new and exciting things platinum had given us. I laughed a little at the Rotom forms (They look funny) and was happy about Honchkrow getting a boost in the form of Heat Wave and Superpower. However, no other Pokémon terrified me more after I had viewed Scizor’s new weapon. AK-40-Bullet Punch could make him the sweeper he well deserved to be. Upon my return to Pokémon, I checked out Scizor’s analysis. The Life Orb set was almost identical to a previous set I use to run on wifi back in December (Swords Dace / Quick Attack / U-turn / Roost. Not very theasible, but it was effective somehow). I knew I just had to have it.

Today, Scizor is the most potent threat in the metagame, either sweeping teams with Swords Dance or wearing them down with hard hitting Choice Band attacks. My Scizor should allow you to do either. The Choice Band Set’s EVs are ready for you to rock and roll. The Life Orb set though, does not have the standard EVs invested into attack. This is due to the minor change in Scizor’s HP Ivs which would require him to run a daunting amount of HP EVs while wasting his potential speed. At least this way, you get a jump on other Swords Dance Scizors who don’t maximize their speed.

If, however, you wish for Scizor to perform his classic Baton Passing role, I’ve also made this possible. I specially bred my Scizor with an old Ledian I had traded for to give Scizor some essential team supporting moves. Baton Pass is always a scary team concept, so why not through Scizor into your team to Baton Pass an Agility or Swords Dance? You could even pass an Iron Defense or a Focus Energy should your team require it! Scizor also has a menagerie of resistances to work with, along side a single weakness to fire, so why not make him a sturdy, screen passing team supporter? I could see a set of U-turn / Light Screen / Roost / Bullet Punch working in your future!

As an interesting bonus, The Choice Band and Swords Dance Scizors both come with 16 Ribbons attached. They were not hacked on and were applied manually. The Ribbons include 4 weekly Ribbons, 2 Cool Contest Ribbons, 2 Beauty Contest Ribbons, the Sinnoh Elite 4 Ribbon, The footprint Ribbon, The EV ribbon, The Gorgeous, Royal, and Gorgeous Royal Ribbons, and 2 Battle Tower Ribbons (Scizor sat in the last slot while a Sheer Cold / Fissure / Horn Drill / Gastro Acid No Guard Ninjask with a Focus Sash Slaughtered).

If you have to have your Pokémon in there most basic form so you may manipulate their sets and EVs at will, Scizor is also available as a Level 1 Scyther with no EVs and a Level 22 Scyther with the EV spread of 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Hp

Crobat
Timid
Inner Focus
31/22/28/31/28/31
6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
-Nasty Plot
-Heat Wave

-Sludge Bomb
-Roost

Crobat is fortunate enough to have access to Nasty Plot and just enough stats to pull a set with it off. Thanks to Crobat’s nice defensive typing, you can switch in freely to a Choice Band Earthquake or Close Combat and start boosting your special attack though. Heed my warning though, there are many things you should remember to do so Crobat doesn’t end up dead or simply outclassed.

First of all, always make sure you get up a Nasty Plot before you do anything. With one you’ll be doing a good amount of damage, but without it, you’re not hurting much. Secondly, always try to use Roost on this kind of Crobat or everything your doing is done better by Azelf. The whole point of this set is to make a Nasty Plot sweeper that can dish out hits for quite awhile. However, I know that a lot of you just want to go all out offensive so Crobat is served at Level 50. A single experience point will boost you to level 51, the level in which Crobat learns Air Slash. I might also try using a Starmie or Bulky Water with this as well so you can get rid of Rock/Ground types and Heatran, both of which plague this set.

On an interesting note, Evil Birdy is this Crobat’s great great great grandmother, so I like to call it “Evil Batty” :)

This Crobat is also available as a level 1 untrained Zubat with the moves Nasty Plot, Sludge Bomb, Heat Wave, and Twister (lol).

Muk
Brave
Stench
28/31/31/12/31/20
EVs vary per set

Set One
252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 SpDef
-Poison Jab
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Focus Lunch

Set Two
252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpDef
-Poison Jab
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Curse

Set Three
No EVs
-Giga Drain
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Curse

I don’t know where GameFreak got the idea that a giant pile of sludge should have nice Special Defense and access to punching attacks (and arms for that matter) but I like their end result! This Muk is an extremely generous donation from Equinox who allowed me to keep it as a house (or thread) warming gift. I’ve had my eyes on this toxic blob of sludge for a while, it serves as a nice tank in the UU environment

You have two major choices with this Muk, and you should make your choice based on what you want Muk to do. Do you want Muk to stay in for long periods of time and try to sweep the foes team or do you want Muk to switch in and out constantly to take hits and dish them back out? If you want the former, then go with the first set listed. Muk can take many strong UU attacks, even STAB Psychics, live through the battering and batter something himself. I wouldn’t highly recommend Shadow sneak on this set due to how tempting Explosion is, but feel free to keep it attached so you can get a jump on faster threats and delicate sweepers

The curse set is basically a miniature version of OU’s Snorlax. Boost up your good Attack and shabby defense and try to sweep while you’re still in your pride. Shadow Sneak works very well on this set as well, basically nullifying you Speed drop.

This Muk might have Sticky Hold, but that’s where your Black Sludge comes in. Muk won’t mind getting a Choice Band, but your opponent will hate loosing 1/16 his or her health each turn!

Gallade
Adamant
Steadfast (and Trace as a wee one)
21/31/31/23/31/31
EVs vary per set

Set One
Gallade Lv 53
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Close Wombat
-Shadow Sneak
-Ice Punch
-Swords Dance

Set Two
Kirlia Lv 49
No EVs
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Sneak
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch

Set Three
Ralts Lv 1
No EVs
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Sneak
-Toxic
-Mean Look

Wow, I’ve wanted to breed a Gallade since I had my first shop open but never really got around to it. After hearing some encouraging words from user Equinox, I finally picked my sorry ass up and bred me a Psychic Swords men! Now you may be asking yourself: Mantyke, what does Gallade have over Heracross, Lucario, Machamp and Medicham that makes him a unique Pokémon? Well to that I have two answers.

1)Gallade is an Incredible Flexible Pokémon that can do several unique things to keep your opponents guessing.
2)Get back to the salt mines mortal.

Let’s say you want Gallade to work as a Swords Dancing sweeper. Already you’ve bested Machamp and Medicham as Machamp can’t learn Swords Dance and Medicham can’t learn Close Combat or Swords Dance. You outclass Heracross with your fabulous priority attack and you can outdo Lucario by using a Secondary STAB that can actually be useful! But hey now, Gallade isn’t only good at Swords Dancing. Take a look at his stats and movepool!

Gallade has about forty billion Support options. Among these are Hypnosis, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Disable, Destiny Bond, Both Screens, Mean look, Lucky Chant and Charm (Charm is good! I use to use a Charm Gallade on my old wifi team!). Whatever you want your Gallade to do, I’m certain that it’s an idea that requires a big change in Gallade’s moveset and EVs. To help you with this, I’ve prepared my Kirlia to Level 49. He only needs a single experience point to be elevated to level 50 (Kirlia learns Hypnosis then). From there on out, you can use any combo of TMs or Heart Scales to get your desired moveset before you evolve Kirlia into Gallade.

Also, for those of you who like your Pokémon Young, UnEVd and Handsome, try asking for Ralts so you can raise your Knight from a little Squire.

Tauros
Jolly
Intimidate
29/31/26/31/31/31
-Return
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit

This my first Pokémon that I’ve ever bred that had near flawless IVs. Sometime in late November, I had decided I would host a giveaway featuring a Pokémon many traders have yet to own with some competitive power behind him. My result was the mighty Tauros. At one point, he was the most powerful Pokémon in the original metagame, being able to KO the old RBY walls that stood in his way with ease. Since then, Tauros’s sheer ferocity has fallen expedientially and has planted him in a lower tier. However, Tauros is by no means a mediocre Pokémon!

Tauros makes an excellent lead thanks to intimidate. He can make any physical sweeper groan and steadily retreat giving you an early advantages. Return is you primary fuel for this set and is a powerful stab. All that does not resist it will take a hefty blow. Earthquack is used to handle most Steel Types Tauros will encounter and take care of many potential threats. Stone edge is used to hit flyers harder than Return, and pursuit makes Tauros an excellent revenge kill as well as a remedy to the ghosts that are immune to Return.

I should advise you not to use Tauros as soon as you receive him though. Return’s power will be nowhere close to full strength since Tauros won’t be happy with you once you first receive him. To help you out, 11 ribbons are attached to Tauros so you can automatically visit The Ribbon Syndicate, home to the best friendship boosting massage in all of Sinnoh! Change your DS’s internal clock to a little before midnight and, once the day changes, you should be able to receive the massage once again. In a matter of minutes, Tauros should be ready to battle!

Honchkrow
Adamant
Insomnia
27/31/21/17/26/31
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Hp
-Sucker Punch
-Superpower
-Drill Peck
-Heat Wave

Honchkrow is, quite literally, the pimp of all Pokémon. 383 attack is nothing to scoff at, and if you so choose to do so, expect to have a dead horse in your bed the following day. The strategy with Honchkrow is simple. Try switching in on a Choice Banded Earthquake, Sleeping move or Choice Speced Psychic and work your magic. In UU, Bastiodon and Aggron will not dare switch into your Superpower, but Steelix might be tempted to do so. Even with no Special Attack Evs, a minus Special Attack nature and an imperfect Special Attack EV, Heatwave Easily 2KOs Steelix with a Life Orb. Hit Steelix on the switch and he’s gone.

Remember though, a flexible Life Orb sweeper isn’t your only route of attack. Honchkrow's devastating Sucker Punch is tied for the games most powerful unboosted priority (You’re tying with Arceus’s ExtremeSpeed). Strap a Choice Band on Mr.Honchy and you have a deadly Revenge killer and Physical power house on you hands. With a Special Attack boost out of the picture, I would highly recommend replacing Heat Wave with Night Slash for a Sturdier STAB attack.

This Honchkrow is also available as an Untrained Murkrow with Drill Peck, Roost, Peck and Astonish.

Hippowdon
Relaxed
Snow Warning (like all other hippos)
31/26/31/29/31/6
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 in either Attack or Special Defense; I forgot
-Earthquake
-Slack Off
-Curse
-Body Slam

Considering Hippowdon was bred sometime in mid September, when the IV standards for trading were MUCH, MUCH lower, he had spectacular IVs for the time which persist today. Hippowdon is essential member to any stall team due to his spectacular weather inducing ability. Like most of my breeds, I like to stick on random egg moves to further increase my Pokémons value and Hippowdon is no different. Slack Off is a must with any Hippowdon of course, but the other two are a tad rarer. Curse allows Hippowdon to become a useful tank that has a chance to sweep ill prepared teams. Body Slam is odd option, but sometimes the power to paralyze Ground and Electric types can be invaluable. Whatever your needs though, my Hippowdon can easily find a niche somewhere in your team.

Hippowdon is also Available as a level 30 Hippopotas with no EVs with the exact same move spread as the Pokémon above.

Drapion
Jolly
Sniper
29/31/22/5/20/31
-Night Slash
-Brick Break
-Fire Fang
-Swords Dance

Ah, Drapion; the result of a lonely Scorpion and Accordion meeting up at a bar. Drapion in himself is a bad ass. He’s god arms on his head and has fangs. Just listen to that roar of his! Bonk-AAAAAAAAH-oooh. An awesome cry (or should I say, scream of manliness) if there ever was one.

On a serious note, Drapion is a pretty solid UU Pokémon and even makes a half decent threat in UU. If you catch a switch and decide to Swords Dance up, you’re looking at an extremely nasty attack score. Thanks to Sniper and Night Slashes, you have an extremely high chance of absolutely destroying a switch in. Remember, A Swords Dance Critical hit night slash is a full throttle 6x Boosted STAB attack!

Drapion is also available as a level 10 Skorupi with no EVs. He knows Night Slash, X-Scissor, Swords Dance and Pursuit.

Ninjask
Jolly
Speed Boost
31/26/30/31/30/31
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Bug Bite
-Baton Pass

Son of my classis SUPA FLY (see below), this Ninjask is the Arthur to his Uther. This Ninjask was bred with excellence in mind and certainly delivered. 26 attack make little difference when your sole purpose is to pass to something stronger to you and Ninjask knows his place. Bug Bite was bred onto him to provide a possible security against any boost berry using Pokémon, but it can be traded for X-scissor if you feel no threat from then.

This Ninjask comes in two variations. One as a Level 15 Nincada with no EVs who knows Bug Bite, Night Slash, Bug Buzz and Hidden Power and the other as a fully EVed Shedinja with the same attacks as Nincada.

Weavile
Jolly
Inner Focus
20/31/21/14/31/31
-Ice Punch
-Fake Out
-Counter
-Pursuit

I bred this in October of 2007, yet it accidentally was bred on with moves that keep Weavile useful in the modern metagame. You should pick up Weavile if you’re sick and tired of Azelf and Aerodactyl setting up Stealth Rocks. At the moment, Weavile is a blank canvas for you to work on, but if you want to defeat suicide leads, use the moveset Fake Out / Counter / Ice Punch / Pursuit (or switch out Ice Punch and Pursuit for Ice Shard and Night Slash if you want to beat Aero. I can get Weavile Ice Shard if you ask for it). It is Crucial that you always use Fake Out on the first turn of the match to take out your foe’s Focus Sash. After that, analyze the situation. If you’re toe-to-toe with a fast Suicide lead like Aerodactyl or Azelf, Attack accordingly to their weakness. If you’re faced with something like Metagross or Mamoswine, use counter to send them to an early grave.

However, I realize that most of you will want to use a classic revenge killer Weavile. For this, you can easily manipulate the set to your likings for your fast Gengar-Slashing hero.

Weavile is also available as an untrained Sneasel with the Moveset above.

Clefable
Brave
Magic Guard
26/31/31/30/20/31
132 HP / 252 Atk / SpAtk 120
-Fire Blast
-Focus Punch
-Wish
-Substitute

Clefable, if you’re anything, you’re one unpredictable son of a bitch. You set up trick room, you Calm Mind Sweep, you act as a Blissey wanna-be and can Attack well from either side of the Spectrum. This Clefable was bred to take care of the last option with Clefable’s interesting offensive possibilities.

To get strait to the point, this is a Sub-Punch Clefable. Clefable’s big advantage versus other Sub-Punchers is Magic Guard. Thanks to it, you’ll never be hampered with Toxic or Stealth Rocks that make it so much harder to set up your precious Substitutes. Once you’re behind your precious Meta Shield, fire away with powerful Focus Punches as you see fit. Fire Blast any sturdy steels that cross your path (Steelix in UU). The last slot I’ve occupied with Wish, but that isn’t necessarily the best option. You might want to try filling it in with Shadow Ball or Ice Beam for some nice Coverage with Focus Punch (and to have a reliable 100% accurate move).

This Clefable is also available as a level 1 Cleffa with Sing, Facade, Wish and Protect

Armaldo

Adamant
Cattle Armor
30/31/31/2/15/23
-Stone Edge
-Knock Off
-Cock Polish
-X-Scissor

This cask of armontilado won’t lock you up behind a wall (even if it does, just use Brick Break). Armaldo is just about the coolest fossil Pokémon this side of Aerodactyl. In 4th grade, I remember agreeing to be the one guy in the entire grade who was supposes to get Cradily because everyone else wanted this Son-of-a-gun and a complete Hoenn Dex.

On to how to use this thing. You have one of two strategies with my Armaldillo, either Speed up or power up. With Rock Polish, you can outspeed everything and its mother in UU and hit with a nasty STAB X-Scissor or Stone Edge (Fuck you Claydol). With Swords Dance, you’re not the terrifying threat that outspeeds everything, but rather the Fat-ass bug that can 2KO anything it damn well pleases! Take your pick!

I’m not the only one who sees my Armaldo’s awesomeness. This is an actual PM I received in January 08 regarding my Armaldi-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat dark-war-cloud
i was drinking tea while reading your thread... i took a drink and as i was scrolling down i saw cock polish on armaldo... i couldn't hold the drink in so i accidentally spit it all over my keyboard.. then i had to hook up my old keyboard because the one i was using busted.
This Pokémon is also available as an Untrained Anorith with Harden, Rock Polish, X-Scissor and Knock Off.

Rampardo
Adamant
Mold Breaker
28/31/31/23/0/31
-Birthquake
-Stone Edge
-Rock Polish
-Endeavor

Yes, that is right. 0 Special Defense. However, thanks to the moves I had bred onto him, this Rampardos is a marvelous fluke. The basic concept behind this is to use him as a lead. Once he’s out, the prediction game begins. If you think your opponent will taunt you, then go ahead and attack him (I love mold breaker for this part. Earthquake that Azelf!). However, if you think they’ll either lay down Stealth Rocks or Attack you, use Rock Polish and get ready to hit hard. Upon the sight of rock polish, your opponent will probably try switching to a bulky ground / water / Skarmory / Cresselia to take your hit. Now it gets fun. Attack them until your Focus Sash Activates (your 0 Special Defense EV is handy here) and then use Endeavor. Now there great and mighty Physical Wall is down to 1 HP! Rampardos is KOed, but now you’re Salamence or Lucario can set up for a sweep! YAY FOR GIANT DINOSAURS!

Rampardos is also available as an Untrained Cranidos. The Cranidos should know Stone Edge, Rock Polish, Earthquake and CRUNCH!

Bastiodon
Pimp-ish
Sturdy
31/31/20/21/31/1
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spdef or Atk; I forgot
-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Metal Burst

Bastiodon is one impeccable wall under the right circumstance. Your job is to sit there and wall stuff or try setting up yourself or switch to something that can. Curse and Metal Burst go absolutely hand-in-hand together. For those of you who don’t know, Metal Burst works like a fusion between Mirror Coat and Counter, but it requires you to be slower then your foe. With a Speed EV of 1 and a Speed loss gained from curse, you should be slower then a fat guy with broken legs! To complement this, your defense boost from curse should also help you survive unSTAB Earthquakes and Brick Breaks.

Incidentally, Bastiodon’s weaknesses seem to go hand in hand with the resistances of UU ghost Pokémon like Mismagius or Drifblim. Did a Choice Band Hitmonlee just switch-in? Send out your Drifblim to set up a Substitute while they switch out!

This Basterd o’ don is also available as an Untrained Sheildon with Curse, Substitute, Earthquake and Curse

Steelix
Impish
Steeeeerdy
23/31/31/28/31/19
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk (I’ll go back and EV him sometime…)
-Curse
-Roar
-Iron Head
-Earthquake

Alright! Steelix got a movepool revamp in Platinum! Screw the old Set up Stealth Rocks and go boom Steelix. I’m goin’ all GSC on y’all with a good ol’ fashion curser!

I actually helped write Smogon’s Revamp of Steelix (although very few of my changes were added). Steelix is a premier UU physical wall and, in general, a fucking awesome Pokémon. After all, he’s a gigantic metal snake. The strategy is as simple as it was 9 years ago. Use Curse to boost your stats up and try sweeping when your attack is high enough. Unlike GSC Steelix though, Steelix now has duel STAB to work with instead of QuakeSlide. To complement this, Iron Head and Earthquake also provides a nice coverage combo hitting most every Pokémon for neutral (Notable UU Exceptions include Charizard, Ludicolo, and Mantine). Iron Head is included on this set as a basic option, but if you value sheer ferocious power over how long you attack, Gyro Ball is an awesome alternative.

This Steelix is also available as an untrained Onix that knows Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Roar, and Explosion. Upon request, I can give it a Metal Coat.

Porygon-2
Bold
Trace
31/17/23/31/31/12
228 HP / 30 Def / 252 SpAtk
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Tri Attack
-Thunderbolt

No, the quadratic formula did not explode. You people should all know that Porygon2 makes a fine replacement for Porygon Z (although their purposes are radically different. Porygon2 is kind of an anti-metagame Pokémon. His purpose is to take down threats like Gyarados and Salamence and live to fight another day. The moveset is as simple and effective as Metaknight down Smash. You switch into something, hit them with your move of choice or recover, and move along. BoltBeam’s coverage is excellent and Porygon is also blessed with Tri-Attack for reliable STAB. Recover is for when your CPU hard drive crashes and you need to extract some important files (or PG2’s life) before it becomes any more damaged.

Señor not Porygon Z is also available as an untrained Porygon with Agility, Conversion, Sharpen and Agility.

Wobbuffet
Bold
Shadow Tag
31/5/31/31/31/22
252 Def / 252 Spdef / 6 HP
-Destiny Bond
-Mirror Coat
-Encore
-Counter

Crap, I took my hiatus while this thing was OU… Oh well. Wobbuffet is still one hard to take down S.O.B and can either kill something easily with Mirror Coat or Counter, or set them up with Encore while they boost their stats. In Ubers, Wobbuffet complements Pokémon that boosts stats particularly well. If your foe tries to boost their stats, encore it and send out your Dragon Dance Rayquaza or Nasty plot Darkrai, either of which are rewarded with a free turn to Set Up while the foe flees. Wobbuffet is also a crucial middle man if you want to get glass cannon sweepers into the field like Deoxys-A or Skymin.

Drifblim
Calm
Unburden
21/23/31/31/29/31
244 HP / 86 SpDef / 16 Def / 164 Speed
-Hypnosis
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Baton Pass

Drifblim is a big fat Baton Passing ghost. Your goal isn’t to sweep, but to pass a Salac berry boost and substitute to something that can sweep teams with one (Lucario or DDtar for example). Drifblim has the biggest passable subs this side of Vaporeon and can set them up with relative ease. In the old days of DP, I use to use Hypnosis to sleep foes before setting up my sub, but with the coming of 60% accuracy, I might suggest an alternative. Destiny Bond or Explosion are nice choices in particular just in case you’ve royally screwed over your chances of success.

So, your basic plan is to come in on something throwing around choice banded Earthquakes or Close Combats, set up your sub, and whittle down your HP until your boost berry of choice (Salac and liechi are my personal favorites) and Unburden Activate, then pass to your recipient. It’s simple, it’s strait forward… but damn is it effective.

This Drifblim is also available as an Untrained Drifloon with (IIRC) the exact same moves as above

Evil Birdy and SUPA FLY
Modest – Hasty
Serene Grace – Speed Boost
28/2/5/31/24/31 - 25/31/10/16/9/31
252 Speed and 252 in the major Attack stat

My first true real breeds and timeless classics…. Oh the hot days of July when I started my first shop feel so distant, but you bridge the gap… These two are my first real breeds. Feel free to ask for them, they don’t cost much at all. Their both also redistributable, so trade to your hearts content.

Miscellaneous Crap
Credit, Whitelist, Cool People and More!

What I’m looking for
  • Helping Hand Dusknoir Family member (Relaxed, Sassy, Impish, or Careful are good natures)
  • Electrode (Hasty please). It needs Hidden Power Grass, Ice, or Ghost)
  • Shiny Macargo/Slugma (Because I want a Pimp egg warmer :p)
  • Nicknameable Shiny Magnezone (either Naïve with HP fire or Modest with HP Ice)
  • Nicknameable Shiny Naughty Salamence (with Dragon Dance please)
  • Nicknameable Shiny Relaxed Forretress (or impish I guess)
…And a bunch of other cool stuff. Go ahead and offer anything not in my thread

Credit
Well I was shopping for a Po-ké which one’s me?
A cool Clefable or a new Starmie
To bad I didn’t know my credit was whack
‘cause my golem’s being traded for a modest Ninjask
F-R-E-E that spells… whatever
  • Bah! I forgot who does and doesn’t have credit. If you can prove to me you had some, I’ll gladly add it back
List of Awesome People
Because a white list means something different in here
  • Mr.Goodbar- Awesome dude and a friend even after I quit wifi for a while.
  • Areal- Braziiiiiiiiiiiiiil
  • Sikh Assassin- You’ve changed a lot! You’ll always be X-trader to me though ;)
  • Anti- You are still the most powerful trader in the world even after 2 years of wear-and-tear.
  • MegaMewtwo- When I first saw you, I thought you were untrustworthy and a scammer. However, you’ve grown into a nice thread. Thank you so much for your past breeding projects
  • Thetorsoboy- You’re an okay guy.
  • Equinox- You’re an okay guy too
  • Mingot- Shinies :3
  • Sunday- Holy shit you’re a mod now
  • Jimbo- Holy shit you’re a mod now.
  • Toothache- Holy shit you’re a mod now.
  • ExpertEven- I always called you “Evan Expert” for no reason. Also, holy shit you’re a mod now
  • Tangerine- Although I’ve never directly posted to you or chatted with you, you are one of the mot influential users to me for making this. I could have never started breeding and trading without it.
  • #Smash Buddies- To MrEsc, HotGarbage, Thunderhorse, Maku, Shaky and Stoo (and sometimes Colin): You guys are the best.
  • Stefy- You’re gone, but not forgotten. You were the first person I ever traded with here and you’re an awesome guy (although a little gay)
And finally, the grand poo-bah of them all

Gin- You gave me an awesome poke when I just started (I still have Metagross), and you’ve always seemed like my side kick standing besides me. You are definitely my favorite user at smogon

White List
Because it’s a running joke

Bah, I forgot who I had up here, so this area is moot
  • Master Sunny-Ex- You’re retarded

Forgiven people

Because they’re not all bad
  • Jango- You hacked me a Metagross, Leafeon, Relecanth, and Golem… but I’ve talked to you and you’re not that bad. Forgiven for you.
  • GEC- You made wifi go insane! Upon retrospect, it was pretty hilarious. I also LOVED your fake account with the Blissey/Machamp as the Avatar. You’re a user again now and you’ve quit wifi, so, forgiven
Wal-Tyke Phat-&-Num Friend Code 2750-6995-5050

Last edited by TheMantyke : Apr 27th, 2009 at 4:49:07 PM. Reason: Shiny Gengar!
TheMantyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 10:52:22 PM   #2
TheMantyke

Side Projects!

Trade Pokémon for other stuff!

Obligatory Breeding Projects

Because you have nothing I like!

Well, It’s about time I let other people do the work for me. Please post if you’d like to do a breeding project. There’s a simple step-by-step submission process.
  1. Post here saying you’d like to breed for me
  2. Pick out a poke / poke set you’d like to breed
  3. Send it to me to be approved
  4. If I like what I see, proceed to breed. Otherwise, try again.
  5. Breed the Pokemon and send me it Un EVd and at its most basic evolutionary phase
  6. EV train it once I have the UnEVd copy safely tucked away
  7. Send over the final product and profit!!!
So, Credit is awarded with various different achievements
  1. Basic Credit- Always given 3 Credits
  2. Frequenter Credit- You’ve bred for me before. 1 Credit * number of times you’ve bred for me before
  3. Getting Perfect- 1 Bonus Credit for each extra 31 IV
  4. Timely- It’s bred within a 2 week period 2 Credits
  5. Arceus-Style Absolutely Flawless 4 Credits
Good Luck.

Lucario used…. His Up-Smash?

What was I doing during my year hiatus? Playing Smash Brothers! I love a good challenge so please post here and PM me if you’d like to play a few games with me. If you win best 2 out of 3, you get anything from here for free!

Rules:
No items
Three Stocks
Neutral / Counter pick stages only
No Brawl+

People who I’ve fought often on #smash are disqualified! Sorry, but I’d owe you too much then!

Happy Brawling!

(P.S. I’m a R.O.B. main)

Mantykes Across the Globe

I really like the new national dex application that lets me see foreign Pokedex entries. Here’s where you come in. If you have a Foreign Mantyke, trade with me and I’ll give you something in the shop. However, the Value of 1 foreign Mantyke doesn’t equal the value of one my IV bred super pokes. Exchanging one foreign Mantyke will net you a free Evil Birdy or SUPA FLY. Exchanging two foreign Mantykes awards you with anything in the shop! I COMAND YOU TO TRADE WITH ME IN THE NAME OF SPAIN.

TL;DR:
I have Pokémon. Trade with me.

One Sec...

Last edited by TheMantyke : Apr 9th, 2009 at 11:17:44 PM.
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 10:52:54 PM   #3
TheMantyke

Okay, this post is reserved. Post now!
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 10:57:10 PM   #4
Shido

Send a message via AIM to Shido Send a message via MSN to Shido

Welcome back, Mantyke ;o

We need to Brawl sometime.
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 10:58:02 PM   #5
Equinox

Hey Dude, Goodluck :D

Also any 1 thing from my thread you can have rights to :D

Non trophy case :D

If you are wondering why its locked, its because I have like 0 trade time, for the most part all pending trades are postponed or canceled D:

Equinox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:02:03 PM   #6
justenough215

Send a message via AIM to justenough215 Send a message via MSN to justenough215

CMT for Bastiodon and Steelix.
Progress
justenough215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:02:31 PM   #7
TheMantyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Shido View Post
Welcome back, Mantyke ;o

We need to Brawl sometime.
Why, thank you. I actually have something about that in the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Equinox View Post
Hey Dude, Goodluck :D

Also any 1 thing from my thread you can have rights to :D

Non trophy case :D
WOW, that's generous of you. Would Flygon be okay?
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:02:35 PM   #8
Shido

Oh, God. A ROB main, I faced a really spammy one today D: Care to Brawl tomorrow, perhaps?
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:08:28 PM   #9
TheMantyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat justenough215 View Post
CMT for Bastiodon and Steelix.
I suppose Roserade and Feraligatr
Quote:
Oh, God. A ROB main, I faced a really spammy one today D: Care to Brawl tomorrow, perhaps?
Sure, I'd be glad to.

Also, I'm not the spammiest ROB out there. half of my game is SHDFair.
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:10:14 PM   #10
strawhat

CMT for tauros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat DanielSuperpoke View Post
I like to defy authority
strawhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:13:37 PM   #11
Siddarth

Wow, I LOVE this thread. I just love it. I don't know why, whether it's the banners or the Pokemon, I just love it.

Amazing.
Siddarth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:15:58 PM   #12
foibles

Send a message via AIM to foibles

Someone else who mains ROB!

GL with the thread
I actually use MK too.
LIKE A BOSS
foibles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:16:04 PM   #13
TheMantyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat strawhat View Post
CMT for tauros
Blaziken if you would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Siddarth View Post
Wow, I LOVE this thread. I just love it. I don't know why, whether it's the banners or the Pokemon, I just love it.

Amazing.
Thank you. I was worried it didn't look very good at first. That cheered me up :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat foibles View Post
Someone else who mains ROB!

GL with the thread
I actually use MK too.
Thanks a bunch too

I use to play MK as a main to, but switched off for R.O.B. due to this huge playstyle change I had in early February

Edit for Strawhat:
Yes, yes I would
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:17:14 PM   #14
strawhat

sweet wanna trade right now?

ok i'll be online

Thank you for the trade :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat DanielSuperpoke View Post
I like to defy authority

Last edited by strawhat : Apr 8th, 2009 at 11:24:07 PM.
strawhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:19:59 PM   #15
Equinox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat TheMantyke View Post
Why, thank you. I actually have something about that in the thread.

WOW, that's generous of you. Would Flygon be okay?

Uhhh, you sure? Flygon is already fully redistributable xD

You can take my new mence if you want.

If you are wondering why its locked, its because I have like 0 trade time, for the most part all pending trades are postponed or canceled D:

Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:23:32 PM   #16
TheMantyke

Thank you for the trade straw hat

Equinox: Haha, didn't notice that. Could I get the brave Muk the maybe?
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:32:15 PM   #17
Equinox

Sure, thats fine. People have started taking a liking to him lately :D

Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:39:05 PM   #18
Mormoopid
Endless formes most beautiful

CMT for bastiodon please. Post there to help me keep track of things and if you're interested in something I can PM you from there.
<@Vincent> I dont go for breasts
<+atlas> o rly
<+atlas> ;)
Mormoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 12:16:58 AM   #19
Chill

Send a message via AIM to Chill

You probably don't remember me but when I started here I thought you were like one of the coolest people. And I always wanted stuff from your thread but could never get it. XD
Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 12:22:32 AM   #20
The Lost One

Send a message via AIM to The Lost One

Good luck to you Mantyke =)
The Lost One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 7:10:55 AM   #21
Adamco13

Welcome back Tman =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Lexite
and i need to give it a hole in the butt so syberia can cuddle fuck out of it
Adamco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 9:11:26 AM   #22
kingofgames

Send a message via AIM to kingofgames Send a message via Yahoo to kingofgames

CMT (highly outdated) for Set 2 Scizor EV'd
Pending Thread:(Check if you are waiting on a trade from me)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33839
kingofgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 9:14:29 AM   #23
Shido

Want those Brawls now?
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 10:40:55 AM   #24
Komodo

Nice thread Mantyke :) CMT for the relaxed hippo, you can reply to me on #Smogonwifi
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 1:53:38 PM   #25
TheMantyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Komodo View Post
Nice thread Mantyke :) CMT for the relaxed hippo, you can reply to me on #Smogonwifi
We made our deal, PM me on Smogonwifi when you're ready too
Quote:
Want those Brawls now?
Thanks for the matches, and good game. I like you G&W and Marth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat kingofgames View Post
CMT (highly outdated) for Set 2 Scizor EV'd
Jibaku's Latinass will do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Adamco13 View Post
Welcome back Tman =D
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat The Lost One View Post
Good luck to you Mantyke =)
I miss you "Smack that" Pichu avatar. >_< Also, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chill View Post
You probably don't remember me but when I started here I thought you were like one of the coolest people. And I always wanted stuff from your thread but could never get it. XD
I remember you faintly, but thanks. Just ask if you see anything you like and we might be able to trade.

Also, today, the thread's gong batty! I got extremely lucky today and pumped out an awesome IVd pokemon in under 2 hours! Expect an update later today.