9. Intervention and Prevention for Children and Youth
What Communities Can Do To Make a Difference
ASCII or PDF
Acrobat Reader to read
all PDF documents
- Build communitywide collaborations.
- Develop a broader array of culturally competent early intervention
programs for children exposed to community, youth, and family violence.
- Integrate these programs into sites that serve children and young
- Identify and remove disincentives to participation in intervention
- Increase the ability of child protective services, courts, and domestic
violence agencies to work collaboratively.
- Design and expand programs specifically for children exposed to domestic
- Develop more programs for children and youth during afterschool hours.
- Define school policies related to all forms of violence.
- Design and implement core training for all school personnel.
- Make the safety and well-being of adult and child victims a priority
for fatherhood programs.
for agencies and organizations that can help you provide services, support,