Search:
My Xbox

1 vs 100 Live

Started by trilobiting at 05-15-2009 10:59 PM. Topic has 45 replies.
Sort Posts:    
Print Search
Page 1 of 2 (46 items)
1 2 >

05-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Reply Quote
How the One and Mob are Selected

Straight from our design team:

Role determination is based on weekly stats for speed, accuracy, and the number of questions answered. These stats are reset weekly to increase the opportunities for anyone to be a part of the Mob or to be the One. Please note that score is not considered in role determination.

To increase your chances of being chosen as a member of the Mob or as the One, play often and to the best of your ability. Good Luck!

Role Limitation:

One:  A player can only be the One once per season.

Mob:  A mob member is not allowed to be in the mob again within the same Primetime episode.

05-16-2009, 5:48 AM
Reply Quote
Re: How the One and Mob are Selected

I WANT TO BE THE ONE MAN!!!

05-16-2009, 6:29 AM
Reply Quote
 TheMandalore89 wrote:

I WANT TO BE THE ONE MAN!!!

Play more.

05-16-2009, 7:25 AM
Reply Quote
How many shows are there in a season then?

05-16-2009, 7:31 AM
Reply Quote
Good way to do it.

05-16-2009, 4:17 PM
Reply Quote
Can you be the One when the Beta's over though? I mean, I won the game in the Beta, get nothing, just wondering if I get a shot at it when it counts? haha

05-16-2009, 4:36 PM
Reply Quote
I should hope so. Although now they  know you're brainy...

PS Nicely done by the way. My Wife and I were cheering for you.

05-16-2009, 5:24 PM
Reply Quote
 GordonD12 wrote:
Can you be the One when the Beta's over though? I mean, I won the game in the Beta, get nothing, just wondering if I get a shot at it when it counts? haha
I would imagine. It's once per season, and the beta is its own season.

05-16-2009, 5:59 PM
Reply Quote
 GordonD12 wrote:

That was awesome last night man. Major grats. Let's hope you get a shot when there's something on the line aside from bragging rights of being the first to go all the way.

Cheers
That which does not kill us, may be back. We'd best hide.

05-16-2009, 6:04 PM
Reply Quote
I hate this but I get it.

05-16-2009, 8:21 PM
Reply Quote
 danteliveson wrote:
I hate this but I get it.

It seems like a decent selection process. You voiced your opinion yet you did not back up the reason why you hate the selection process. Do you have any thoughts on how to improve the selection process for the "mob" or the "One" ? I hope you know that these forums are being read by the Developers of 1 vs 100 Live. Since this is Beta testing they are quite eager to hear your thoughts and suggestions on improvement. Reply back with your suggestions plz. Smile [:)]

Life is not a test run. Learn from experience and tweak your setup regularly.

05-16-2009, 8:47 PM
Reply Quote
Im gonna be the ONE tonight!

05-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Reply Quote
 GordonD12 wrote:

I was in the crowd in that game!!! It was awesome! Great job man!!

05-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Reply Quote
The fact that I got picked to be in the mob and to be the one makes me like the selection process. It seems to me that it isn't necessarily THE top person overall, but simply a selection out of many people doing well. My score wasn't even close to #1, nor was my response time, yet I still got in there.

Just goes to show that anyone can be the one. Just have to try your best and hope to get in.

05-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Reply Quote
 Piemanthe3rd wrote:
The fact that I got picked to be in the mob and to be the one makes me like the selection process. It seems to me that it isn't necessarily THE top person overall, but simply a selection out of many people doing well. My score wasn't even close to #1, nor was my response time, yet I still got in there.

Just goes to show that anyone can be the one. Just have to try your best and hope to get in.

Thats just the problem. Its the same people that get to have the real fun because of the method of selecting the one and the mob

Here is my suggestion. Have a fair amount of the hundred chosen by doing well, something like 20 or 30 and have the rest be randomly chosen. Obviously a check would need to be programmed to ensure the same people don't keep popping up in the same episode( or season if its the one ).

I say it should be this way cause then you have some mob members that are guaranteed to be tough while other people, who may have jobs or social lives and can only play perhaps once a week, can have a chance. I mean the real game show would have random groups involved in the mob ranging from Hooters waitresses to rocket scientists.

It seems necassary simple because not everybody can devote the kind of time the the currently chosen mob can give. Its fun being in the crown but I'd like to have a shot at playing the game! The way it is you almost guarantee that the same 300-500 people get to be in the mob once every episode.

Its not hard to program it so that even half are only chosen in that fashion. Actually if the one is chosen by doing well, that would make more sense since they have earned the chance to win a prize.

05-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Reply Quote
I'm still confused as to how the game works. So if 15,000 people are playing are all of those in the crowd and 100 of those play as the mob?

05-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Reply Quote
 mrcraggle wrote:
I'm still confused as to how the game works. So if 15,000 people are playing are all of those in the crowd and 100 of those play as the mob?

Yup, but being in the crowd is still fun. When in the crowd its more like a party trivia game, you get to play along and compete with other members of the crowd. This way the one can also use the "Trust the crowd" and "trust the brain" saves.

05-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Reply Quote
id rather be in da mob...

05-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Reply Quote
Really starting to not like this game as i have YET TO BE either the one or the mob...always crowd crowd crowd....i've been on every beta show thus far...i beleive the picking should be determined firstly by if you have been on the  mob already and someone has not then of course the (has not) should be in the mob next....I"M GETTING TIRED OF WASTING MY TIME thinking that this is fair!!!!!  as for trixie360...where the hell are guys night...pfft girls club and oh the above is a lie..gamertag[Mod Removed] has been in the mob two sessions in a row...explain that LIARS

05-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Reply Quote
UPDATE...next round after i posted this...gamertag[Mod Removed] is now the one...ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and unfair

05-17-2009, 2:17 AM
Reply Quote
They are lying, plus I gurantee they picked her because her scores so high and they wanted a girl to do well with Trixie being the host and throwing the whole "Girls United" schtick at us every ten seconds. I wouldnt even be surprised if neither me nor Jay get picked now just off these comments, thats about how "Fair" this selection process is

05-17-2009, 2:27 AM
Reply Quote
 Thesumis182 wrote:
id rather be in da mob...

I was tonight. Was pretty cool. In lobby.. then i say to myself, "hey, whats with the blue dots backgrounding my gt?? NO WAY!"  lol..  Then of course i get the Snoop dog question lol.. totally guessed it right.. was a lot of fun

"Are you guys ALL waiting in line for the new Foo Fighters CD tommorrow?" - Heard @ 10:45 PM September 24, 2007

05-17-2009, 3:23 AM
Reply Quote
 JaY Moonie wrote:
Really starting to not like this game as i have YET TO BE either the one or the mob...always crowd crowd crowd....i've been on every beta show thus far...i beleive the picking should be determined firstly by if you have been on the  mob already and someone has not then of course the (has not) should be in the mob next....I"M GETTING TIRED OF WASTING MY TIME thinking that this is fair!!!!!  as for trixie360...where the hell are guys night...pfft girls club and oh the above is a lie..gamertag[Mod Removed] has been in the mob two sessions in a row...explain that LIARS

Hmmm.. 101 slots.. out of.. 16,000 peeps.. and your pissed cause you havn't been picked? Theres only been what... 4 or 5 episodes.. chill out and just play.. I got lucky tonight and got picked.. Im sure it'll happen for you, or just quit playing, cause I don't recall seeing any sort of "guarentee" that your # will get called..

"Are you guys ALL waiting in line for the new Foo Fighters CD tommorrow?" - Heard @ 10:45 PM September 24, 2007

05-17-2009, 2:07 PM
Reply Quote
hey, so, does it matter if yer playin with friends in a party mode?  thinkin that don't matter...but, ya never know.  oh and i agree with the guy down the list there, have 50% of the mob selected as it is now and ther other 50% as the middle and lower players.  would be better like he said for those of us who can't always stay up for the 11pm-1am games. i'm in halifax.  i get up at 530 am so yeah, i see what he says about not bein able to play alot of the nights. but whatever, i'm not overlly concerned about it anyway....just a thought.  lemmee know about the party mode somebody tho eh....thanks....

05-17-2009, 2:11 PM
Reply Quote
i replied to the wrong post....so here it is again to the proper place.......lol.....

hey, so, does it matter if yer playin with friends in a party mode?  thinkin that don't matter...but, ya never know.  oh and i agree with the guy down the list there, have 50% of the mob selected as it is now and ther other 50% as the middle and lower players.  would be better like he said for those of us who can't always stay up for the 11pm-1am games. i'm in halifax.  i get up at 530 am so yeah, i see what he says about not bein able to play alot of the nights. but whatever, i'm not overlly concerned about it anyway....just a thought.  lemmee know about the party mode somebody tho eh....thanks....

05-17-2009, 4:48 PM
Reply Quote
I've gotten mob twice and I'm at about a 60% accuracy, with 600k total score after only missing the very first one and the first half hour of the one last night.

05-17-2009, 6:22 PM
Reply Quote

if you actually paid attention to waht i said...i've been on all episodes have 80%+ ave. over 800,000 points and yah still not picked but below as someone stated they are 60% and far less points and have been in the mob twice...not to mention other games where only 6000 were playing..i'm sure by what you said ythis is your first attempt...i never said it won't happen but the levels they brought forth to acquire people into the mods just doesn't add up... and they do quarentee based on numbers which mine are above those who have been in the mob(even twice)....as for being chill after day what 5 days of playing yah i think i'm pretty chill and i do just play but now i feel the need to vent my confusion on the scoring as i'm still waiting

05-17-2009, 6:25 PM
Reply Quote
oh just thought i'd mention it..SNAKE..nice gamerpic :) where did you get that?

05-17-2009, 8:19 PM
Reply Quote
Even with 6,000 people your chances to be in the mob are slim. And yes your score may be good, but that is no guarantee of getting into the mob nor becoming the one.

I really don't see why people are being so bothered about who's gotten into the mob/the one spot, just because they haven't. I bet if you had been in the mob by now you'd be praising the games greatness (or complaining you haven't been the one yet). I mean it isn't vital that you be in the mob nor that you be the one. Just play the game and enjoy it. If you're lucky enough you'll end up in one of those (or both of those) spots. If you're not then oh well, keep playing, maybe it will happen. It's just a game. It's not like you actually win anything other then a few minutes of fame if you end up as the one or a "Hey look I'm one of those 100 people in that group there" to tell your friends. Sure it's fun to be the Mob or the One but frankly I'm happy just playing the game and not getting all bothered when someone else is in the mob or the one spot.

05-17-2009, 8:33 PM
Reply Quote
I think what most people are concerned about is the way they determine who becomes "The One", and who is in "The Mob". They said it's based on weekly stats, and when they are competing against thousands of people for that chance, then the odds of getting in "The Mob", or whatever, become very slim.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm having too much fun with the game to actually care how they do it.

Page 1 of 2 (46 items)
1 2 >

©2009 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved