Distribution Line Carrier System
Distribution Line Carrier (DLC) System is designed to have scalable, modular, robust and reliable real-time communication infrastructure on heavily hostile powerline environment that covers long distance and complex medium voltage and low voltage electrical distribution network. With useable (programable) frequency range of 9 to 500 kHz, a maximum speed of 576Kbps can be achieved. DLC System is compliant with the Standards EN 50065 (CENELEC), IEC 61000-3 and FCC part 15 subpart B.
Importantly, there is no interference issues with radio users or electromagnetic radiation. With external inductive or capacitive coupling, a distance more than 15km can be achieved over the medium voltage network. On the low voltage network, a direct connection can be made since the DLC system has a built-in capacitive coupler, allowing end-end connection from substation to the customer premises without any repeater.
The latest DLC system has significant improvement and has distinguish differences as compared with other Powerline communication segments. DLC System is mainly useful for last-mile and backhaul instrastucture that can be integrated with the corporate Wide Area Network (WAN) via TCP/IP, serial communication or leased-line modem to cater for multi services Realtime Energy Management Systems.
- Access Points at high voltage transformer stations, which connect the application servers to the PLC infrastructure
- Bridges/Repeater at secondary transformer stations that act an interconnection point between medium and low voltage network
- Nodes that connect the remote devices such Meter, Remote Terminal Unit (RTU), and etc.
- Full dynamic range for each packet (<100 dB) - fast Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- Synchronisation - energy normalised correlation
- Channel equalisation without estimation - MCM / Orthogonal Frequncy Division Multiplexing (OFDM) with differential coding along the sub-carriers
- Strong Forward Error Correction (FEC) - convolutional coding with Viterbi decoding. 32 Bit CRC for error detection
Network Management Services (NMS)
Network management services permit to maintain and monitor a network, providing services such as logon and logout of nodes, configuration of PLC component parameters, status and liveliness of nodes, etc.
Single Frequency Network (SFN) Technology
The SFN technology allow ad hoc networking without knowledge of channel. It uses every node as a possible repeater for others to always ensure a communication path is established. Dynamic changes of topology and channel characteristics in combination with realtime communication require ad hoc networking functionality of the network management system. The flooding mechanism of SFN technology needs no routing information to reach a node. If the communication parameters are fix, the first broadcast reaches every node and the duration and channel occupation is not more than a direct call to the far end node.
Configuration and Diagnostic Tools Set
With a pair of DLC modem (already has integrated diagnosis functions) and a laptop with REMPLI Software, an easy to use graphical interface program to conduct various measurement functions for evaluation of the transmission channel as follow :
• Noise Measurement
• Noise Peak Measurement
• Transmission Function
• Transmission Statistics
• Spectral Analysis
• Adjusting carrier frequency
• Adjusting bandwidth
• Softwaredownload (e.g. Firmwareupdate)
• Interface test
• Routing Statistics
• Protocol Analyser
- 1x Ethernet 10BaseT/100BaseTX electrical or100BaseFX optical variant.
- 2x RS232/RS485, mode selectable bysoftware control
- CAN-Bus, fully compliant with the ISO 11898standard, high speed and low speed mode
- 3 x EN 62056 (IEC1107) metering interface
- M-Bus Master metering interface
- Smartcard Reader for standard SIM-cardscompliant to ISO 7816 standard
- System connector (for connecting e.g. I/Ocard)