Green Energy Bill gets second reading
Promoted by Conservative MP Peter Ainsworth The Green Energy Bill [Definition and Promotion] Bill, which seeks to boost microgeneration, has passed an important milestone and received a second reading in the House of Commons.
Micropower Annual Conference
and Awards Dinner 2009
The Micropower Council Annual Conference took place on Wednesday 29th April 2009 at the BERR Conference Centre, London, followed by the Awards Dinner at One Whitehall Place.
Find out this year's Award Winners
Download the conference presentations
Latest News on Microgeneration
Householders “enthusiastic” about micro renewables
Welcome to Green your home, our new eco refurbishment experiment - The Guardian
The Great Green Con: Labour's climate measures mainly hot air
Conservatives plan "a green technology recovery"
Budget will make or break renewable energy
Government is backing renewable energy - O'Brien
State intervention vital if Britain is to meet its green energy targets, says former BP boss
National Grid chief calls for more renewables subsidies
Want to know more about
Go to our Information page to learn how to get help with installing microgeneration technologies
You can also get a leaflet outlining grants available to householders from the Government.
Turning your home green
Watch a webTV show programme on Microgeneration featuring ITV's Dream Homes presenter Oliver Heath, and Helen Stead, Microgeneration Development Manager at npower.
See the programme at Homes & Garden : Turning your home green.
Benefits for Consumers
Why should I produce
my own energy?
- Save money by reducing the amount of energy you buy
- Help the environment by reducing emissions of harmful greenhouse gases
- Provide your own back-up power in the event of supply failure
Public Policy Benefits
How micropower affects
- Micropower technologies reduce emissions of carbon dioxide
- Domestic users with Micropower technologies change their attitudes towards energy use
- Micropower appliances create a visible reminder that consumers are “doing their bit”
- Micropower contributes significantly to other goals of offers diversity and security of energy policy