Here, nature is the true architect. The pale blue sky is your ceiling. Sun lit by day, star lit by night. Several hundred feet above the desert floor, and a mere 6 miles from the picturesque town of Moab, the Mesa has become a gathering place for those wanting to leave the crowded world behind. Up here, the inspired 360º panoramic views even have views. And with so much to see, it’s a shame to blink.

Long before we set eyes on this high desert Mesa, nature had been its noble and trustworthy steward. Cloudrock is picking up where nature left off by preserving the natural beauty through the principles of New Urbanism - the American urban design movement dating to the early 1980s – though it really harkens back to a day when communities were designed for people, not for automobiles. This is why you’ll find hiking and biking paths weaved throughout the Mesa, readily accessible just outside your front door. And it’s why we’re developing just 20% of the 2,000 acre mesa while leaving 80% untouched. By working in harmony with nature, we’re able to create a more livable, more sustainable community. That’s something everyone can live with.

Speaking of living, Cloudrock’s architecture draws inspiration from the time-tested, weathered villages found in New Mexico, Morocco, Egypt, Bhutan, and Tibet. A look and feel authentic to the American Southwest, yet unique to Moab, is achieved with indigenous materials such as stone, cementitious stucco, timber, and oxidized metal roofs.

Why Moab? Simply put, there’s no place on earth quite like it. The area boasts an endless flow of fresh air, a pleasant climate, and stunning views every which way. Moab has direct access to more national and state parks than any other city in the country, which includes Arches and Canyonlands National Parks; Dead Horse Point and Goblin Valley State Parks. The La Sal Mountains, a National Forest, is also nearby. Lake Powel, part of Glen Canyon National recreation area, is just a 2.5 hour scenic drive away.