The Kelmscott Station upgrade will provide a more accessible and secure station for users.
|Artist's impression of the new Kelmscott Station. |
Work on the $12.9 million station commenced in February 2007.
The redevelopment will include:
- a new outer structure to provide protection for passengers against the extremes of wind and rain;
- new paving finishes, platform furniture, public toilets, lighting and signage
- a customer service booth near the station entry;
- additional bus bays and improved bus access at the bus interchange;
- improved pedestrian links;
- new drop-off shelters and car bays with an undercover link to the main station shelter; and
- public art.
It is expected that the station upgrade will be complete in late 2008.
For further details on the Kelmscott Redevelopment Precinct, go to www.ara.wa.gov.au .