Best Dressed Dog
1. With waste yarn, open cast on 63(81,91) sts. Knit a few rows. If desired, knit 1 row with ravel cord. RC = zeros.
2. Change to main color, knit to RC = 60(84,108). Place marker on each end.
3. Dec 1 st at each end every 3 rows, 8(10,12)times. 47(61,67)sts. Place marker on each end.
4. Change to contrasting color yarn. Knit 6 rows. Release every other stitch, one at a time and drop down 6 rows and relatch up to form rib. Back stitch bind off.
5. With wrong side facing, hang 1 side of back along decrease edge between markers on 22(24,26)needles. Repeat step 4. Repeat for other side. Remove markers.
6. With wrong side facing, rehang cast on edge below waste yarn. Repeat step 4. Remove waste yarn.
Center under panel
7. With waste yarn, open cast on 17(21,25) sts. Knit a few rows. If desired, knit 1 row with ravel cord. RC = zeros.
8. Change to main color, knit to RC = 36(48,60).
9. Dec 1 st at each side every 3 rows, 8 times for size small; every 4 rows, 10 times for size medium; every 4 rows, 12 times for size large. There should be no sts left. If there are, simply bind them off.
10. With wrong side facing, rehang cast on edge below waste yarn. Repeat step 4. Remove waste yarn.
11. Sew back straight side edges to the decrease edges of the center under panel starting below the ribbing of the neck. Sew the pieces together until you come to the widest part of the underpanel. From this point measure 3(3.5, 4) inches on each side of back and underpanel for both sides. Place a marker at each point. Working 1 leg opening at a time, open out piece and wrong side facing, hang on 24(26,30) needles between 2 markers. Repeat step 4. Work for other leg opening.
12. Sew remaining sides of back to underpanel including leg ribbing. Sew ribbing of neckline together and ribbing of back together.
This pattern is
intended for personal use only.This pattern is copyrighted and cannot to be sold without permission.
When reproduced, must acknowledge KangaMooKnits.com as author.