You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Soaps > James Sutton/Ryan Lamb (ED) App Thread
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Soaps Discuss soaps from the UK and abroad here!

Old 07-05-2009, 22:09   #1
daniuk
Forum Member

Services: Talk Talk
James Sutton/Ryan Lamb (ED) App Thread

I think James is such a great actor and Ryan sounds like a interesting character and i can't wait to see him on screen. I know James will be great and as James has offically started filming i thought i would start a thread .
daniuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 22:15   #2
davedub
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniuk View Post
I think James is such a great actor and Ryan sounds like a interesting character and i can't wait to see him on screen. I know James will be great and as James has offically started filming i thought i would start a thread .
he only started filming last week so it will prob be july before he is on screen.He is defo a great addition to the cast
davedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 22:18   #3
Laurawhittz
Forum Member

I Think He's LUSH!

i was gutted when he left Hollyoaks, i dont usually watch emmmerdale but at least when he arrives it will liven it up a bit
Laurawhittz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 22:19   #4
davedub
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurawhittz View Post
I Think He's LUSH!

i was gutted when he left Hollyoaks, i dont usually watch emmmerdale but at least when he arrives it will liven it up a bit

ive dipped in and out of emmerdale recently, its defo improving again
Old 07-05-2009, 22:19   #5
Sez_babe
Forum Member

I think he will be a great addition
Sez_babe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 22:25   #6
kittomic
Forum Member

Services: James Sutton's Cheerleader
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedub View Post
he only started filming last week so it will prob be july before he is on screen.He is defo a great addition to the cast
He's onscreen 2nd week of June , Kris Green said in his Soap Scoop last week when he reported it.

I may be a tad excited
kittomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 22:31   #7
davedub
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittomic View Post
He's onscreen 2nd week of June , Kris Green said in his Soap Scoop last week when he reported it.

I may be a tad excited

That was quick, i just assumed they filmed 6-8 weeks in advance. I will defo look out for him, Ta
Old 07-05-2009, 23:10   #8
hopeandfaith06
Forum Member

Services: Wishing Jess and Pavel won DOI :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedub View Post
That was quick, i just assumed they filmed 6-8 weeks in advance. I will defo look out for him, Ta
Emmerdale has one of the shortest gaps between filming and airing. Its often only about a month or so from filming when you see it on screen. To say they film the most episodes as well i applaud the people who work both in front and behind the camera. Must be demanding work.

I am looking forward to his character as well, From the bits i have heard he sounds quite good.
hopeandfaith06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 23:41   #9
Jay2Oh
Forum Member

Services: Another James Sutton Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sez_babe View Post
I think he will be a great addition
He will be a great addition. I can't wait. James is indeed a great actor. He hasn't even started and he's got an appreciation thread already.
Jay2Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 23:54   #10
Missa
Forum Member

Services: James Sutton fan
I am very excited to see James onscreen again, and playing a very different role to the ones from before. Just over four more weeks to wait now! Hope his Emmerdale character Ryan has a great storyline that shows off his abilities.
Missa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 00:16   #11
cjpuddytat
Forum Member

Count me in!!

I'm a little peeved that his first scenes collide with my exam week (most important exams of my life which will decide my future)... but hey it's an excuse to have a break from revision!

Can't wait for James to be back on screen x
cjpuddytat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 00:40   #12
kittomic
Forum Member

I think you totally need a break each day from exam revision CJ! But might take you all night to get over James' appearance. If he wears overalls.............

I'm really excited now as i think there are some great actors he'll be interacting with - I'm really looking forward to scenes with Lyndon Ogbourne as Nathan. I think James and Lyndon could have a great onscreen chemistry as half brothers.

Eagerly waiting for first promo pics and previews!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:54   #13
daniuk
Forum Member

Services: Talk Talk
Quote:
I think you totally need a break each day from exam revision CJ! But might take you all night to get over James' appearance. If he wears overalls.............

I'm really excited now as i think there are some great actors he'll be interacting with - I'm really looking forward to scenes with Lyndon Ogbourne as Nathan. I think James and Lyndon could have a great onscreen chemistry as half brothers.

I know i hope we don't have to wait to long to see him in his overalls i agree i think him and Lyndon will have great chemistry on screen and i don't know why but i think James and Sammy will work really well together i think Ryan/Katie will be a cute couple.
daniuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:23   #14
open_ended
Forum Member

Is Ryan Lamb Gay?
open_ended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 13:23   #15
kittomic
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by open_ended View Post
Is Ryan Lamb Gay?
Luckily for you there is a whole Is Ryan gay? thread somewhere on here for that joke

But no, apparently he is straight.
Old 09-05-2009, 13:49   #16
Litchick
Forum Member

Very impressed folks - an App thread already!

I'm fascinated to see what Ryan will be like because I always think of Sutton as a nice boy! I really hope he is acting his age (I mean that seriously not as an insult!) but ED do weird things with age casting. (ELi as the biggest example of a weird one!)

I think it might be while before we see him in overalls; not that he needs them really. All hte cars in the Dales have non-mucky engines. The wonderful Debbie Dingle never has a single spot of oil on her clothes or under her nails
Litchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 13:54   #17
Flukie
Forum Member

John Paul moves to Yorkshire! lol

I hope, aside from not being gay, there is noticeble difference to JP and Ryan cos actors crossing from one soap to another these days tend to be exactly the same character in the new soap as they were in the old one! lol

Claire from HO was exactly the same bitchy character as Claire from EE (having the same name didn't help seperate them!)

And Jamie in Emmerdale was Lee in HO before that and that really IS like Lee moved to Yorkshire and just changed his name cos they are EXACTLY the same character.

So it'll be interesting to see if anyone watching Emmerdale who also watches HO isn't wondering before long whether JP's sisters will be following him to Yorkshire, cos there's no difference in the characters - apart from their sexuality.

And even then, Ryan with blonde Katie will remind of JP and blonde Hannah! lol.
Flukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 14:02   #18
kittomic
Forum Member

Julie!! You can't possibly compare James Sutton and Alex Carter

Jamie Hope is absolutely dire. You just KNOW James will be fab in any role. I think, looking at the characters Ryan will be interacting with, it'll be a very different set up and therefore very different character from any we've seen - John paul in HO, Terry in Dream Team, Eli in Casualty AND as Barry in T & R. All so different so we know James' versatility.

And doubt he'll be with Katie for long

Litchick - I think (coz I am VERY biased) James is a total sweetheart - but he knows how to have a good time too.
Old 09-05-2009, 14:07   #19
Missa
Forum Member

Services: James Sutton fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litchick View Post

I'm fascinated to see what Ryan will be like because I always think of Sutton as a nice boy! I really hope he is acting his age (I mean that seriously not as an insult!) but ED do weird things with age casting. (ELi as the biggest example of a weird one!)

I think it might be while before we see him in overalls; not that he needs them really. All hte cars in the Dales have non-mucky engines. The wonderful Debbie Dingle never has a single spot of oil on her clothes or under her nails
Aren't we all? Just dying here for the first pic, the first glimpse onscreen, and of course, the first spoiler. And of course, how his character turns out to be - good, bad, or hopefully a mixture of both. But you're right about the overalls - Debbie looks like she simply models in the garage, and even Aaron is rarely seen in overalls.

Quote:
And doubt he'll be with Katie for long

Hmm... the possibilities..... the possibilities..... many of whom are really gorgeous brunettes.
Missa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 14:09   #20
Becky2330
Forum Member

Quote:

Re the bit in bold, i'm really looking forward to this aswell, i think they could really bounce off each other if the onscreen chemistry is right. Getting really excited about seeing James on the tv screen again.
Becky2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 16:44   #21
Flukie
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litchick View Post

Debbie is too much of a genius to get dirty nails.

She learnt to drive without ever having a lesson, she was just suddenly driving ... but more than that, she was running a business at 17 just out the blue and of course she became a trained mechanic without one minute of training. She is a truly amazing young woman!

I was watching regularly when she suddenly became a mechanic running a business and she was only about 17. I remember there were comments about it on this forum about how daft it was.

Totally ridiculous, but comical anyway. I'm just amazed that by now she hasn't got an International business going strong seeing as the writers imagination knows no bounds for Debbie!
Old 09-05-2009, 16:50   #22
Flukie
Forum Member

Quote:
Julie!! You can't possibly compare James Sutton and Alex Carter

I was watching Emmerdale regularly when Jamie turned up for the first time for Bob's wedding. I'd heard he was in HO once but had no idea who or what he played.

Having seen him as Jamie for a few years, I then started watching old HO eps and saw him in quite a few and realised there was no difference between Jamie and Lee, they could be the same person.

That's all I meant.
Old 09-05-2009, 17:00   #23
kittomic
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukie View Post
I was watching Emmerdale regularly when Jamie turned up for the first time for Bob's wedding. I'd heard he was in HO once but had no idea who or what he played.

Having seen him as Jamie for a few years, I then started watching old HO eps and saw him in quite a few and realised there was no difference between Jamie and Lee, they could be the same person.

That's all I meant.
Oh I totally agree - they are. I haven't seen Alex Carter act any differently - whereas James has shown his versatility. Alex amazingly DID win a BSA for Lee Hunter. But I think he is truly dire in ED.

But I think as the whole role set up is so different for James it has potential to be very different - and just very excited to see James and Lyndon who has really created a fascinating character already in nathan. I think the friction could be fascinating to watch between the two half-brothers when Ryan's identity is revealed - and I do want to see Nathan and Maisie knocked off their pedestals they've created LOL
Old 09-05-2009, 17:11   #24
Litchick
Forum Member

Alex Carter won a BSA!?!?!?!?! Well I was still secretly hoping for a few results to go 'my way' tonight but now I have had every last ounce of faith drained by that announcement!

As regards Debbie I am quite happy for them to make her as sucessful as possible. I love the character! However, I think that Ryan is destined for Debbie and I hope it doesn't make me biased against him as I want Debs to wait for Jasmine! (*puts fingers in ears and ignores naysayers*)

I hope that Ryan is ballsy enough to stand up against Nasty Nathan if it is proved there is a connection. Much as I like Nathan's manipulation there is room for somebody to bring him down a few proverbial pegs.
Litchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 17:20   #25
kittomic
Forum Member

Litchick - it is true! Alex won a BSA for Best Comedy Performance It gives me no faith in that BSAs panel! And he was just the same on Hollyoaks.

I think Ryan is destined for Debbie as well - I think Scarlett has been suggested but I just feel the links with Cain to Maisie and Debbie and Natasha is making me think Ryan and Debbie will be the item and cause havoc - it makes sense in my head where all this seems to be weaving onscreen.