More Poison Info
Poison Help Line
The Animal Poison Control Center is a unique, emergency hotline providing 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week telephone assistance to veterinarians and animal owners. There is a $50 consultation fee paid by the animal owner, veterinarian or product manufacturer.
Antifreeze can be deadly to pets!
The ASPCA and National Animal Poison Control Center have issued the following warning regarding antifreeze and your pet.
Antifreeze has a sweet taste and can be attractive to pets. Ethylene glycol is the most dangerous and also the most common form of antifreeze. Unfortunately, very small amounts can be lethal to pets. As little as one teaspoon of antifreeze can be deadly to a cat; less than four teaspoons can be dangerous to a 10-pound dog. The following are guidelines for pet owners to follow to avoid pet exposures to antifreeze:
Antifreeze Poisoning Prevention Tips
If you suspect your pet has ingested antifreeze, contact your veterinarian immediately!
If you would like to receive free hotline information (consisting of a sticker, magnet, flyer, and pet care tips), call (217)-337-5030 ext #115 and leave a complete mailing address.
For ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center consultation services contact 1-888-4ANI-HELP.
Please Note: CFA provides the feline health information on this site as a service to the public. Diagnosis and treatment of specific conditions should always be in consultation with one's own veterinarian. The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc. disclaims all warranties and liability related to the veterinary advice and information provided on this site.
Copyright ©1995-2009 The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc., with the exception of the photographic images which are Copyright © by the individual photographers.