Monday June 22 2009

GotFrag Hardware Forums

DeathAdder vs g5 blue

99% Ranking 99% Ranking 99% Ranking 99% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

well as the topic says it.. which is better and why? ive read both reviews and still have no clue :/ i currently use a 518
113% Ranking 113% Ranking 113% Ranking 113% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

Out of the two I'd choose the DeathAdder, as in my opinion it looks a lot better and the shape looks better for me :]
:)
5% Ranking 5% Ranking 5% Ranking 5% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

If you like the shape of the Mx518, then go for the G5. but i would have the Deathadder:D
4% Ranking 4% Ranking 4% Ranking 4% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

the deathadder tracks like >1cm off my qckhvy so when u go to swipe it picks up your movement before u put your mouse ont he pad which is MOST annoying.. unless u dont take your mouse off your mousepad ever(mad high sens) get the g5. the da's tracking is PERFECT tho...
9% Ranking 9% Ranking 9% Ranking 9% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

upgrade your firmware buddy
85% Ranking 85% Ranking 85% Ranking 85% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

Mmmmm the G5. But there is a reason I reviewed the G5, cuz I love the shape of logitech mx/g series.
Senior Editor - http://www.fpslabs.com
14% Ranking 14% Ranking 14% Ranking 14% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

G5 Blue, i currently own one as from upgrading from the MX518 its quite nice. Same handling which i liked the most plus unlike the original G5 which has a horrible feel to it, the Blue G5 has a nice texture that grips. plus the 2000 DPI laser comes in real hand, i play alot of FPS, CS:S BF 2, FEAR. believe me be able to turn around in 3 seconds WITHOUT moving the mouse to the side of your room is a REALLY nice touch.
11% Ranking 11% Ranking 11% Ranking 11% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

g5 i never had good luck with razer and still to this day dont lol.
39% Ranking 39% Ranking 39% Ranking 39% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

MX518 > DA > G5 , g5 is terrible.
27% Ranking 27% Ranking 27% Ranking 27% Ranking
-2 Frags
+   -

g5 is the same body as the mx518... just w/ higher dpi and it's laser and not optical.. so i would have to say... G5 > mx518/ime3.0
and im a ime 3.0 lover too..

This comment was edited at 06/27/2007 9:38 PM
E6300@3.0GHz / MSI P6N SLI-FI / 2GB G.Skill / eVGA 8800GTS 320MB / 3DMark06: 10514
39% Ranking 39% Ranking 39% Ranking 39% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

clow ur obviously completely open.... esreality.com and look at the real stats, G5 is miserable while mx518 is #1
10% Ranking 10% Ranking 10% Ranking 10% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

okay if you paly cs get the g5, these kids are bad(i have used the death adder). if you awp your really gonna want the g5. death adder slides around to mutch and is really light w/g5 you can add weights. the diffrence between the mx 518 and g5 is the 518 feels difrent and you cant add weight to it and its optical. g5 is a great mouse and u can get it cheaper then a deathadder at newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp..
85% Ranking 85% Ranking 85% Ranking 85% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

No one cares about esreality and their no meaning numbers testing speeds that no one will ever use in reality. There is only so much importance in those tests, mainly in the lower scope where people can actually replicate such speeds.

How about we test a headset in a noise filled amphitheater and complain about the sound quality.

Touche

This comment was edited at 06/27/2007 10:21 PM
Senior Editor - http://www.fpslabs.com
12% Ranking 12% Ranking 12% Ranking 12% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

i use deathadder, never tried g5. I like everything about the deathadder except the sides are slightly slippery and my mousewheel squeaks sometimes for whatever reason. I have a friend who uses it as well and he agrees about the sides but his mwheel has no problems.
0 Frags
+   -

exactly what i was gonna say #13
19% Ranking 19% Ranking 19% Ranking 19% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

Mice are really a personal choice on how it feels to you. Some find the Razers to be comfortable and others the logitechs. Some find the Microsoft mice to hold the number 1 spot. I have never like the microsoft mice. They just dont feel right.

You need to hold each mouse and find which one is the most comfortable to your hand. Then that is one you should get.
E6600, XFX 750i, 4G GSkill, BFG GTX 295, Dell 3007-HCP
27% Ranking 27% Ranking 27% Ranking 27% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

I dunno about the G5 but the death adder don't work on all surfaces. 450dpi 1 sensitivity it skips. Using an icemat 2nd edition black and a func F-10.s when I swipe it fast. Otherwise works fine long as pad doesn't have a clearish top. Otherwise swipe fast and this happens. Top is going slow rest is fast swipes

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3452/s..

Using an Intellimouse 3.0 all the swipes are like the top no matter how fast I try to swipe.

This comment was edited at 06/28/2007 3:19 AM
6% Ranking 6% Ranking 6% Ranking 6% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

#13 i actually move my mouse fast enough to hit the speeds where ALL laser mice malfunction without even doing a 180. Those numbers do mean something if you use a low sensitivity, they mean alot tbh. Hell, even the MX518 with its high negative accel speed isn't really that out of reach, though rarely i go over that speed. Its not so much that you need a mouse that can track at 50 MPH, its that you need one that can track over 2 inches perhour, and laser just doesn't provide that. Because of that untill they fix it i will always oppose and never recommend a laser mouse to anybody.

So i'd say if you were a reasonable person that doesn't do 5 360 turns in 1 inch get a death adder, or just get another mx518, both great mice, 10x better than a g5.
0 Frags
+   -

agian if you play cs. awp=g5. i liek the tracking on the G5 mutch better then the death adder dispite what some site says....
33% Ranking 33% Ranking 33% Ranking 33% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

both are terrible but if i had no other choice i would go death adder because all lazer mice skip if you move them to fast
#Devastation
22% Ranking 22% Ranking 22% Ranking 22% Ranking
0 Frags
+   -

the G5 is an awesome mouse. i have the 1st edition (the "rusty" one)

i had big problems with negative acceleration, until i followed a guide on esreality.

update your firmware to 1.2 and manually download setpoint 3.3 and change the polling rate to 1000hz. That has fixed all the problems i ever had with it.

the death adder is a LOT smaller than the G5, but it is also a very good mouse. a lot of people really like it.

i guess it depends on the physical size of the mouse that you want
e6850 (@3.2ghz)+afp7 cooler:gigabyte P35-DS3R:2gb DDR2(800mhz):ati HD4850:black icemats

Hm. I guess it's just me but I've never had a problem with my G5 or G7 skipping on me on my Black Icemat 1st Edition. I can't even make it skip when I try.
I like stuff ... ?

I have both the death adder and the G5 and I would STRONGLY recommend the G5 over the death adder any day.

Although the death adder has striking good looks, the shape of it is nowhere near as comfortable as the G5. The shape of the G5 makes it feel like it was custom made to fit your hand (this is obviously based on my hand, I wouldn't know anything about your hands). The sides on the death adder are fairly slippery, not enough to be a major pain in the ass but a significant different when compared to the nice, firm, rubber sides of the G5. I love having a LED show me what my current sensitivity level is (although the death adder will provide you with more flexibility when changing sensitivity) and to be completely honest the death adders blue LEDs get annoying sometimes.

Basically, I've had a G5 for about 3-4 years (still good as new!) and it's been my favorite gaming mouse (and I'm quite confident it will ALWAYS be my favorite gaming mouse :]). I use the death adder for my laptop but I just doesn't feel the same.
6% Ranking 6% Ranking 6% Ranking 6% Ranking
-1 Frags
+   -

for cs deathadder for sure, but games like unrealtournament g5

why da for cs? much less prediction(or totally no prediction)
5% Ranking 5% Ranking 5% Ranking 5% Ranking
-3 Frags
+   -

Gj bumping a 2 year old topic

Oh yes, the G5 has always, and will always be shit.
Youre better off with a ball mouse than a G5.

Submit Comments

Registered Users Only

In order to post comments, you must be a registered member. If you have not registered, it's free and easy!

Latest Poll