Spider-Man Action Figures

WWE Action Figures

home

Go Back   NEWSARAMA > NEWS

Old 07-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #1
MattBrady

SDCC '06: HUGHES TO WRITE & DRAW ALL STAR WONDER WOMAN

Creator Adam Hughes confirmed for Newsarama Sunday afternoon at Comic-Con what has been rumored for some time and strongly hinted at by Dan DiDio Saturday – Hughes will be writing and drawing an All-Star Wonder Woman title for DC.

Hughes – the one-time cover artist for Wonder Woman – told Newsarama it is very early in the process and he hasn’t even begun discussing scheduling with DC yet, saying the new title would likely launch sometime in 2007.

Look for more about Hughes All Star Wonder Woman in the future here at Newsarama…

Newsarama's Comic-Con International '06 Coverage is brought to you by Miramax Films’ RENAISSANCE. In theaters this fall.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
Moonbeam

Awesome news!!

- Vaneta

Old 07-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
God-Man

It's about time this was finalized. All part of a concetrated effort by DC to solidlfy Wonder Woman's staus as one of the big 3. I'm all for it.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
skinnyboy23

Wow, but has Hughes written anything before? I know him mostly as a cover artist.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:05 PM   #5
Patman99

Adam Hughes wrote a Superman-Gen13 mini-series, art by Lee Bermejo. It was pretty good.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:05 PM   #6
BillReed

*Writing*!?

Huh.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #7
A.Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillReed
*Writing*!?

Huh.
At least if it's delayed we'll know who to blame.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #8
Kolimar

Thumbs up

woo-hoo!!

Old 07-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #9
God-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman99
Adam Hughes wrote a Superman-Gen13 mini-series, art by Lee Bermejo. It was pretty good.

I really like that miniseries, especially when Supergirl showed up. The real one anyway

Old 07-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
NCcomicJIm

my only problem with this is, as much as I love Hughes' work, its too similar to the current art on the regular WW title.Id just like to see a completely different take, like maybe Neal Adams

Old 07-23-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
Kolimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillReed
*Writing*!?

Huh.

Yeah, that must have taken some convincing.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #12
Kolimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman99

He also wrote Tomb Raider, Gen 13: Ordinary Heroes and Dark Horse Presents. So he has some credits, nothing extraordinary or widely known. I guess here's where we'll find if he really has what it takes.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:20 PM   #13
Kolimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Vandelay

Heheheh

Old 07-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #14
Comic_Doctor

Great news! I'm glad the rumors are true. I'll definitely be getting this series, and hopefully it comes out on a fairly regular basis.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #15
khuxford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolimar
He also wrote Tomb Raider, Gen 13: Ordinary Heroes and Dark Horse Presents. So he has some credits, nothing extraordinary or widely known. I guess here's where we'll find if he really has what it takes.

Only, though, that the ALL-STAR line isn't supposed to be a proving ground. I love Adam's art...and I'll concede that he might be able to write well (haven't read his stuff)...but the All-Star line was supposed to be major talent in both areas. I think this is a bad move for DC that hopefully Adam will do so well that he will turn their mistake into a happy lil accident.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #16
tiso_spencer

I will get it over the incontinuity WW. Hughes rule.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #17
diana_fan

As a very big WONDER WOMAN fan who has already dropped the title, I was leaning on JLoA to get my monthly Diana fix. I figured that the little DC Nation note about AH! wanting to both write and draw a title referred to ALL STAR WONDER WOMAN, but I didn't want to get too excited.

Now, I can be excited. IT'S ABOUT TIME! YEA! Man, this is going to be seriously beautiful book. I can't wait. Can't. Wait.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:07 PM   #18
ZAXILLA2

This is great news. hopefully they get a few in the can before it hits the shelves so's it can come out on a regular basis.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:07 PM   #19
Frankfurt

Nice, but... Can he keep the schedule? And couldn't they get a real writer? It's "All-Star", not "One-Star"...

Old 07-23-2006, 06:11 PM   #20
Kolimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuxford
Only, though, that the ALL-STAR line isn't supposed to be a proving ground. I love Adam's art...and I'll concede that he might be able to write well (haven't read his stuff)...but the All-Star line was supposed to be major talent in both areas.

I fully agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuxford
I think this is a bad move for DC that hopefully Adam will do so well that he will turn their mistake into a happy lil accident.

Let's hope.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #21
350z

Nice! Adam Hughes on Wonder Woman is a good call. However, it will be released in 2007 and finish by the end of the decade...probably. But at least it will look nice.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #22
Kolimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankfurt
Nice, but... Can he keep the schedule? And couldn't they get a real writer? It's "All-Star", not "One-Star"...

Uh... in this case one star is covering both stellar positions so it's still "All-Star".

Last edited by Kolimar : 07-23-2006 at 06:21 PM.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:19 PM   #23
tomburgos

Holy ____ing ____!

This and the Bendis/Cho Avengers collaboration are the two best pieces of comic book news I have heard in a long time!

I loved the Gen 13:Ordinary Heroes book...he can definitely get into the characters' skins, and well, as far as his art goes...he is just beyond unreal...the man is an art god, period.

I can't wait to get this!~

Old 07-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #24
GMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Vandelay

The letterer?

Old 07-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #25
Nightfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomburgos
Holy ____ing ____!

This and the Bendis/Cho Avengers collaboration are the two best pieces of comic book news I have heard in a long time!

I loved the Gen 13:Ordinary Heroes book...he can definitely get into the characters' skins, and well, as far as his art goes...he is just beyond unreal...the man is an art god, period.

I can't wait to get this!~
Me Too!