With Biological Abstracts, you can easily discover the critical journal coverage you need to prepare research projects, grant proposals and follow trends in the life sciences. Explore relevant disciplines from botany to microbiology to pharmacology. Use specialized indexing to discover more accurate, context-sensitive results.
Comprehensive life sciences journal coverage.
With Biological Abstracts, you can:
- Uncover relevant results in more fields of life sciences research than any other source in the world.
- Find high-impact articles from peer-reviewed, influential journals.
- Discover emerging trends that help you pursue successful research and grant acquisition.
- Identify potential collaborators with significant citation records.
- Integrate searching, writing, and bibliography creation into one streamlined process.
Why choose Biological Abstracts?
- Comprehensive and Relevant Coverage: Every item included in Biological Abstracts has met the high standards of an objective evaluation process that eliminates clutter and excess and delivers data that is accurate, meaningful and timely.
- Integrated access to other ISI Web of Knowledge data and tools: Accessing Biological Abstracts on the ISI Web of Knowledge platform means you can simultaneously search all other ISI Web of Knowledge resources your institution subscribes to, and take advantage of their powerful tools such as cited reference searching. One common vocabulary within this platform enables your search terms to be matched to all relevant terms that may be categorized differently in other databases, delivering more complete and relevant results.
- Insightful Analysis Options: Find hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, and identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals with the Analyze Tool.
- Backfile Data to 1926: Track over 80 years of vital data and find the supporting - or refuting - data you need. More backfiles give you the power to conduct deeper, more comprehensive searches and track trends through time.
- A full range of disciplines: Find information in virtually every life sciences discipline, including biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, botany, pre-clinical and experimental medicine, pharmacology, zoology, agriculture, and veterinary science.
- Current information: Over 250,000 records from journals worldwide are added annually to Biological Abstracts. Over 4,200 journals from 100 countries provide you with access to over 11.3 million records from 1926 to the present.
- Specialized indexing: Use specialized indexing for more accurate retrieval, including taxonomic data and terms, enhanced MeSH disease terms, CAS registry numbers, Sequence Databank Numbers, and Major Concepts controlled vocabulary back to 1969.
- Integrated bibliography management: Use EndNote® Web, fully integrated and freely available to any Biological Abstracts on ISI Web of Knowledge user, to easily access and organize your references online. Send references to EndNote® Web, as you search, share EndNote Web folders with others, store references online between search sessions.
- Full-text links: Directly access publishers' full-text articles.
- Alerting and RSS feeds: Keep up to date with the information that matters to you by saving general, cited reference and chemical structure searches as email alerts. Or set up RSS feeds for saved searches and Citation Alerts.
- ISI Web of Knowledge: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection, ISI Web of Knowledge is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
- BIOSIS Previews: A comprehensive source for life sciences and biomedical research from journals, meetings, books, and patents.
- Zoological Record: The definitive animal biology resource and the world's leading taxonomic reference.
Tel: +1 215.386.0100 x1405
Tel: +1 800.336.4474 press 3
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Already a Customer?
This Product is Part of ISI Web of Knowledge
- Arts Humanities Citation Index
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Current Chemical Reactions
- Current Contents Connect
- Derwent Innovations Index
- Essential Science Indicators
- FSTA Food Science Technology Abstracts
- Global Health
- Index Chemicus
- ISI HighlyCited.com
- Journal Citation Reports
- Journal Use Reports
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- Web of Science
- Zoological Record