.ME in the News
Going Once, Going Twice – Top .ME Names Up For Bid
Premium Domains for Best Selling New Extension to Be Auctioned Thursday
Podgorica, Montenegro – Sept. 22, 2008 – The stage is set for what promises to be a milestone auction for the popular, new top-level domain, .ME. The catchy TLD has proven to be the Internet’s fastest debut-seller, ever. The public gets their first chance to bid on an impressive list of premium .ME domain names in a LIVE auction at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Conference in New York City Thursday.
The premium names for the .ME Auction include:
During the recent Landrush auction, the new domain Insure.Me sold for $68,000.
“The interest in dot-ME has exceeded even our high expectations,” said Predrag Lesic, the registry’s executive director. “In fact, the dot-ME auction names have been elevated to center stage in New York City,” Lesic said referencing how most all of the premium .ME names have been upgraded to Thursday’s LIVE auction event.
The .ME Registry already has more than 100,000 domain names registered. The record-setting volume was captured in a little more than two weeks after opening for live, real-time registrations by the general public and less than four months since launching the new registry.
Moniker will be handling Thursday’s bidding and is a company known for conducting live domain auctions throughout the world and a company with a superb track record at past T.R.A.F.F.I.C. events.
Anyone unable to attend Thursday’s auction can bid remotely. To find out more, visit http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/bidding.html.
More than 100 registrars around the world currently offer .ME domains through their registration platform. The list of registrars offering .ME domains is available at www.Domain.ME.
Information on first-ever Public .ME Auctions:
* The live in-person auction takes place at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Conference, Thursday (Sept. 25th) from 3 p.m. ET through 6 p.m. ET. (Brooklyn Bridge Marriott, New York City, NY)
* If you will be attending the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. conference or would like to attend the live auction, please register with the auction provider as a bidder http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/ submit_live_auction_registration.html?auction_id=196
* If you wish to participate in the auctions online, there is a windows client that can be used to participate online during the live auction, which has Video and Audio feed coming directly from the auction room: https://www.snapnames.com/liveAuctionsClientDownload.do (requires registration). Mac or Unix users please use the absentee or telephone bidding options below.
* For Telephone or Absentee bidding follow the instructions at the following link: http://www.moniker.com/absenteebid/index.jsp
* To find out more about the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Conference, visit TargetedTraffic.com/NY_Show.
* To find out more, visit Moniker .ME Premium Auction.