This Agreement includes Barbara Lee for Congress’s acceptable use policy for content posted on the Website, and we consider these Terms binding on your use of the Website.
1.Users. In order to use the Website, you must be legally able to contribute to Barbara Lee for Congress under the Federal Election Campaign Act, as amended, and the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (“Federal election law”). By using the Website, you expressly agree, represent and warrant that you meet all of Federal election law’s requirements as to who is a legal contributor, including, but not limited to, the prohibitions on foreign nationals, federal contractors and minors. Corporations and/or organizations may not contribute and may not use this Website. Further, you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2. Campaign Use. The Website is for the political use of individuals in connection with the Barbara Lee for Congress campaign only and may not be used for any other purposes, including any other political, personal or commercial purposes. Any improper and/or unauthorized uses of the Website will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, where necessary.
3. Responsibility for Postings. By posting any material anywhere on the Barbara Lee for Congress Website, you expressly agree that any material or information (“Content”), without limitation, that you post, place, display, distribute, or otherwise make available (“postings”) on the Barbara Lee for Congress Website is solely your responsibility. Thus, you and only you are responsible for that content, and Barbara Lee for Congress is not responsible for that content.
4. Inappropriate Content. Barbara Lee for Congress is a political campaign and, as such, has a deep and conscious respect for the First Amendment and freedom of speech. However, Barbara Lee for Congress itself must abide by the regulations of the Federal Election Commission, and, consequently, will not tolerate inappropriate content of any type whatsoever on its website. By posting any material on the Barbara Lee for Congress Website, you expressly agree that any and all Content, without limitation, will comply with any and all Barbara Lee for Congress policies pertaining to the appropriateness of Content, including but not limited to, those policies that appear below.
You understand and agree that Barbara Lee for Congress may review and delete any Content that, in the sole discretion of Barbara Lee for Congress, violates or is inconsistent with this Agreement or that might be illegal, offensive or inappropriate or that might interfere with the rights of Barbara Lee for Congress or its supporters, or that might harm or threaten Barbara Lee for Congress or its supporters.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is not permitted on the Website:
5. License. By posting Content to any area of the Website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Barbara Lee for Congress an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
6. Copyright Policy. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
7. Termination. Barbara Lee for Congress reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Website and terminating the usage of such violators.
8. Term. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website. Barbara Lee for Congress reserves the right to your usage for any reason, at any time.
10. Proprietary Rights on Barbara Lee for Congress. Barbara Lee for Congress owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Website. The Website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of Barbara Lee for Congress, and its licensors.
11. Disclaimers. Barbara Lee for Congress is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website, whether caused by users of the Website or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized by the Website. Barbara Lee for Congress is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website. Barbara Lee for Congress assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user communications. Barbara Lee for Congress is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Website. Under no circumstances will Barbara Lee for Congress be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from anyone’s use of the Website, any Content posted on the Website or transmitted via the Website, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline.
12. Limitations on Liability. Even though Barbara Lee for Congress prohibits inappropriate Content, we do not control every posting, resulting in a small chance that you might see items that we deem to be inappropriate. You expressly agree to waive your right to any damages from Barbara Lee for Congress related to such exposure, and, in no event, will Barbara Lee for Congress be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, arising from your use of the Website.
13. Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving your use of the Website, you agree that the dispute will governed by the laws of the State of Vermont, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
14. Other. Any and all of these Terms may be modified by Barbara Lee for Congress at any time and without prior notice, such modifications to be effective upon posting by Barbara Lee for Congress on the Website. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
|© 2003 Barbara Lee For Congress|