Department of Treasury and Finance logo

Department of Treasury and Finance

The Site

10 Murray Street

10 Murray Street

Comprises a 14 storey (3 sub ground) building constructed for commercial office accommodation purposes. The building was constructed circa 1969 and comprises a reinforced concrete construction with rendered and aluminium panel external walls. The building comprises a building area of approximately 9,660 square metres (subject to survey) and provides 30 car spaces. Currently the building is fully occupied by the State Government and is connected to Parliament House by an air-bridge.

The building is nominated for listing on the Tasmanian Heritage Register as a building of Architectural Significance.
12 Murray Street

12 Murray Street

This building was completed in 1922 and comprises a three storey sandstone and brick building providing commercial office space. The building provides office accommodation to the first and second floors and a small office area to the basement level. There is an additional smaller office area at the roof top level which is accessed via air-bridge walkways from 10 Murray Street and 34 Davey Street. The building has a building area of approximately 1,971 square metres (subject to survey) and includes 10 car spaces and is fully occupied by the State Government.

The building is listed on the Tasmanian Heritage Register.
34 Davey Street

34 Davey Street

A six level office building located on the corner of Davey and Murray Streets. This property was constructed circa 1930 and comprises an art deco style building with reinforced concrete walls. The building has a total building area of 2,898 square metres (subject to survey) and includes 15 car spaces and is fully occupied by the State Government.

The building is listed on the Tasmanian Heritage Register with the exception of the top floor (i.e. a later extension).
34 West Davey Street

34 West Davey Street

This building comprises a four storey sandstone building constructed during 1884-1887 and has suffered extensive deterioration . The building is vacant and comprises a total building area of 1,152 square metres (subject to survey).

The building is listed on the Tasmanian Heritage Register.
The Red Brick Building

The Red Brick Building

This building comprises five levels of accommodation constructed in stages from 1862-1916 of stone and load bearing brick, with a building area of approximately 1,330 square metres (subject to survey). This building does not have direct street frontage. This building has previously suffered some fire damage and is unoccupied. It is now considered internally derelict.

It appears that this building may not have existing heritage significance.
36 Davey Street

36 Davey Street

The former St Mary’s Hospital building was wholly constructed in 1847 over four storeys with a significant addition along Salamanca Place in 1886. The building is constructed of sandstone and has been vacant for a period of over 30 years and is considered to be in a dilapidated condition. The building has an area of approximately 2,000 square metres (subject to survey) and has 10 on-site car spaces.

The building is listed on the Tasmanian Heritage Register and on the National Heritage Estate Register.
2-4 Salamanca Place

2-4 Salamanca Place

A five storey purpose built building constructed for the Government Printing Office in 1955. The building is constructed of reinforced concrete and rendered external walls and has a building area of approximately 5,810 square metres (subject to survey) and includes five car spaces. The building is currently unoccupied.

The building is listed on the Tasmanian Heritage Register.
Street

6 Salamanca Place

A three storey sandstone building located on the northern side of Salamanca Place adjoining Parliament House. This property was purpose built in 1976 as the Government PABX. This building has a building area of approximately 816 square metres (subject to survey).

It appears that this building may not have existing heritage significance.