- Constitution Day today. Trial in our federal case to secure the equal rights promised by this remarkable document starts Jan 11.
- Chad Griffin talking live NOW with Michelangelo Signorile on Sirius XM radio.
- TRIAL DATE: January 11, 2010
- Great profile on lead counsel Ted Olson in Wednesday's NY Times.
- President Obama on DOMA: "my Administration believes that the Act is discriminatory and should be repealed by Congress.
- DOJ today: "this Administration does not support DOMA as a matter of policy, believes that it is discriminatory, and supports its repeal."
- Ted Olson speaks with the LA Times:
- "It is time that our Constitution fulfill its promise of equal protection and due process for all citizens..."
- David Boies in the WSJ - "Why Ted Olson and I are working to overturn California's Proposition 8."
- New order from Chief Judge Walker: All motions to intervene must be filed by July 24, 2009.
- Moving swiftly toward equal rights...next hearing August 19.
- In the federal courthouse awaiting start of first hearing.
- Advocate: All Systems Go...
- AP: Judge favors trial soon on Calif. gay marriage ban.
- Chief Judge Walker: “Serious Questions” About the Constitutionality of Prop. 8; case should “Proceed Expeditiously to Trial."
- "...and its significance is underscored by the united front presented to the court," said Foundation Board President Chad Griffin.
- "This case is about the denial of fundamental Constitutional rights..."
- "...which have brought inspiring leadership and legal expertise to the cause of ensuring all Americans are treated equally under the law."
- "We are pleased to have the Amicus brief from the ACLU, Lambda Legal and NCLR..."
- BREAKING NEWS: ACLU, Lambda Legal and the National Center for Lesbian Rights support AFER lawsuit in newly filed court documents!
- Name AmericanEqualRights
- Location Los Angeles
- Web http://www.equalr...
- Bio The American Foundation for Equal Rights is dedicated to protecting and advancing equal rights for every American.