CyclingNews Forum  

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old Today, 01:22

Cancellara seems like a popular guy in the bunch but to the casual observer it does seem that his ego gets the better of him at times. Trying to ride the World Championship field off his wheel on the last lap was a low percentage move and left him open to a big counterattack which Evans duly delivered.
It might be interesting to watch the dynamic between them next season. It may not be so easy to disrespect a guy in the rainbow jersey.
Old Today, 02:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaxland View Post
cancellara and hushovd acting like babies....
Just a little trick that they probably learned from Cadel in the first place.
Old Today, 08:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by richwagmn View Post
I don't understand the big deal about this. Of course, Evans isn't going to be allowed to go in a break? Would they have let AC or LA go?

What really did Evans expect was going to happen that day?
I couldn't have imagined Eddie Merckx saying "OK then if you don't want me, I'll go back to the peleton", Cadel should have just said "F off" and ridden his own race. It probably wouldn't have changed the result but would have helped his morale.

Michael
Old Today, 08:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Januss View Post
+2 Except who's Tony?
Tony/Spartacus/Fabu/Cance/whatever other nicknames he has

=

Fabian Cancellara
Old Today, 08:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfTournesol View Post
I couldn't have imagined Eddie Merckx saying "OK then if you don't want me, I'll go back to the peleton", Cadel should have just said "F off" and ridden his own race. It probably wouldn't have changed the result but would have helped his morale.
Eddy would have unleashed a torrent at them while riding them off his wheel.

Harder for Evans to do that - his voice is not so deep, and Cancellara is harder to drop!
Old Today, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfTournesol View Post
They wouldn't have caught Eddy!