1x1
You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Showbiz > JORDAN & PETE split saga cont (Part 2)
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showbiz Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!

Old 26-08-2009, 23:38   #1
darling
Forum Member

Services: Virgin
JORDAN & PETE split saga cont (Part 2)

Encouraging article in the Mail about fathers increasingly winning custody in divorce cases when both parents have worked full time - written wholly from the mother's point of view so I won't bother with the link.

Generally, I think children are better off with their mothers - but certainly not in this case, or many others, probably.

Looks like Pete's in with a fighting chance.
darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 23:46   #2
captainkremmen
Forum Member

Services: O2 Home Access Broadband, Freeview Plus.
Well, it is nice to see our beloved creosote covered, plastic boobed, airheaded, leatherfaced chav sl*g and ex prostitute (allegedly, although she never did sue the paper that made the allegations way back in the 90s), can still make an almighty fool of herself.
captainkremmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 23:50   #3
rosey-789
Forum Member

Why are there now two of these threads?
rosey-789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 23:53   #4
darling
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey-789 View Post
Why are there now two of these threads?
They seem to break and link - some admin length of thread thingy I imagine. The first post has the link to the previous thread, so it's like a next page really. It's been done three times on the lengthy rumours thread.
Old 26-08-2009, 23:56   #5
rosey-789
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darling View Post
They seem to break and link - some admin length of thread thingy I imagine. The first post has the link to the previous thread, so it's like a next page really. It's been done three times on the lengthy rumours thread.
Ah right. Thank you darling
Old 27-08-2009, 00:00   #6
darling
Forum Member

They're looking for a reaction. Best to ignore them - using alert if necessary.
Old 27-08-2009, 00:02   #7
darling
Forum Member

Interesting piece from the Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-21626554/

Pete's talking to his lawyers about Reid.

Good!
Old 27-08-2009, 00:03   #8
NativeMoon
Forum Member

Services: Sky, BT Yahoo
Quote:
They're looking for a reaction. Best to ignore them - using alert if necessary.
In this instance I was actually commenting on someone else's theory about a new windup artist. I agreed but said *stan*

I consider myself chastened....
NativeMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 00:07   #9
NativeMoon
Forum Member

Quote:
Interesting piece from the Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-21626554/

Pete's talking to his lawyers about Reid.

Good!

I really hope he gets custody. Can't say I blame him for not wanting Reid around his kids...
Old 27-08-2009, 00:10   #10
rosey-789
Forum Member

I know it's just the Daily Star but it wouldn't surprise me if there were some truth to it, Especially where Krusty is concerned

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content...4/15369295.jpg
Old 27-08-2009, 00:14   #11
janetcomelately
Forum Member

Quote:
Encouraging article in the Mail about fathers increasingly winning custody in divorce cases when both parents have worked full time - written wholly from the mother's point of view so I won't bother with the link.

Generally, I think children are better off with their mothers - but certainly not in this case, or many others, probably.

Looks like Pete's in with a fighting chance.
I think there is often a case for dads being the main carer, its just not been the 'British way' but times are changing.

Has Pete actually said he wants custody?
janetcomelately is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 00:15   #12
darling
Forum Member

Yes, according to reports, he sought that from the outset. I guess he knew what kind of a mother she was.

She's said to be furious about it.
Old 27-08-2009, 00:15   #13
cynicalgal
Forum Member

Services: btopenworld
Daily Star Jordan's fury at Pete's top TV job

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...-S-TOP-TV-JOB/

okay, it's only the Daily Star but very nice if this is true
cynicalgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 00:17   #14
rosey-789
Forum Member

TV bosses think he is ratings gold and are shifting him from ITV2 onto their main channel.

Great news.
Old 27-08-2009, 00:20   #15
rosey-789
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalgal View Post

I hope it's true, He deserves it.
Old 27-08-2009, 00:23   #16
darling
Forum Member

I've always thought that he's a very good presenter. He did a thing on reality shows on Channel 5 a few years back that was excellent.
Old 27-08-2009, 00:23   #17
NativeMoon
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey-789 View Post

TV bosses think he is ratings gold and are shifting him from ITV2 onto their main channel.

Great news.

Love it! I do think he is a natural for television and always comes across well when making appearances or presenting.

He deserves all the best and hopefully will do very well indeed!
Old 27-08-2009, 00:25   #18
cynicalgal
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeMoon View Post
Love it! He deserves all the best and hopefully will do very well indeed!
Simon Cowell would say that 'Pete's got the likeability factor' and he's right
Old 27-08-2009, 00:25   #19
mystique72
Forum Member

Quote:

Good for Peter Andre Pwiceys career is on the decline, all her own doing, while Petes is just getting better. I think he is well liked in media circles unlike his dilusional soon to be ex wife Nasty nasty piece of work
mystique72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 00:30   #20
janetcomelately
Forum Member

Quote:
Yes, according to reports, he sought that from the outset. I guess he knew what kind of a mother she was.

She's said to be furious about it.
Well, if it comes to that, then I guess the judge will have to decide how much of the media reporting is true and how much is publicity/newspaper sales guff. Would be an interesting hearing to sit in on.
Old 27-08-2009, 00:31   #21
NativeMoon
Forum Member

Quote:
Simon Cowell would say that 'Pete's got the likeability factor' and he's right

That's exactly it. He's genuinely a nice, warm-hearted guy and I think a lot of people can't help but to respond to that positively. Contrary to what what many of his detractors insist I really think he's just being natural and has good common sense about what's appropriate and what isn't - unlike Jordan. And he's being rewarded for it which of course is going to have her going ballastic.
Old 27-08-2009, 01:08   #22
cynicalgal
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetcomelately View Post
Well, if it comes to that, then I guess the judge will have to decide how much of the media reporting is true and how much is publicity/newspaper sales guff. Would be an interesting hearing to sit in on.
Fathers can, and do, get 'custody' [the modern term is 'residence' or 'shared residence]. No family court judge in his or her right mind will make a decision based on what is in the media. The whole principle behind the Children Act is contained in S.1 'the paramount principle is the welfare of the child'

A judge can order one of many reports, social worker, CAFCAS, ranging from very basic to very indepth including speaking to the children themselves. The nature of the work of the primary carers / mother and father will be taken into account, ie who are the back up adults/carers when the mother/father is working away from home. I know of cases where one of the prime carers has been given an order not to speak in derogatory terms about the other partner in front of the children

If the children are able to express their own opinions, these will be taken into account. Courts / social workers / CAFCAS will look to see if the child[ren] is/are being harmed in any way i.e. subjected to neglect, cruelty [physical and or mental abuse or emotional abuse] and so on. Courts appreciate the sensitivity involved when one partner moves on and moves in another partner. If for example Mr Alex Price [Reid] was bathing the children or tucking them up in bed at night, it is not unknown for sensitive advice to be given to the mother, given that the relationship is so new

It would be nice if Pete were to get full residence but it is possible in this case that the judge will grant 'shared residence' given that the children are still so young and Junior at least will be attending school soon. Pete will at least get very generous contact and to be fair to the parties he and Jordan seem to be managing this

Harvey will be regarded as a 'child of the family'. We don't know if Dwight Yorke has parental responsibility or what his involvement is with Harvey but he has never to our knowledge objected to Pete'e involvement with Harvey and given Pete's track record it is more than likely that he will be granted contact since Harvey is a sibling of Junior and Princess Tsunami or whatever her name is

What would be wonderful in my opinion is for both Jordan and Pete to desist from using the children for photo opportunitiesand request that the press blank out their faces if they are photographed in public places. The children are easily recognised and could take a lifetime of flak from other people which will not be in their best interests, they surely have their own rights to family life and PRIVACY
Old 27-08-2009, 01:23   #23
janetcomelately
Forum Member

Quote:
Fathers can, and do, get 'custody' [the modern term is 'residence' or 'shared residence]. No family court judge in his or her right mind will make a decision based on what is in the media. The whole principle behind the Children Act is contained in S.1 'the paramount principle is the welfare of the child'

A judge can order one of many reports, social worker, CAFCAS, ranging from very basic to very indepth including speaking to the children themselves. The nature of the work of the primary carers / mother and father will be taken into account, ie who are the back up adults/carers when the mother/father is working away from home. I know of cases where one of the prime carers has been given an order not to speak in derogatory terms about the other partner in front of the children

If the children are able to express their own opinions, these will be taken into account. Courts / social workers / CAFCAS will look to see if the child[ren] is/are being harmed in any way i.e. subjected to neglect, cruelty [physical and or mental abuse or emotional abuse] and so on. Courts appreciate the sensitivity involved when one partner moves on and moves in another partner. If for example Mr Alex Price [Reid] was bathing the children or tucking them up in bed at night, it is not unknown for sensitive advice to be given to the mother, given that the relationship is so new

It would be nice if Pete were to get full residence but it is possible in this case that the judge will grant 'shared residence' given that the children are still so young and Junior at least will be attending school soon. Pete will at least get very generous contact and to be fair to the parties he and Jordan seem to be managing this

Harvey will be regarded as a 'child of the family'. We don't know if Dwight Yorke has parental responsibility or what his involvement is with Harvey but he has never to our knowledge objected to Pete'e involvement with Harvey and given Pete's track record it is more than likely that he will be granted contact since Harvey is a sibling of Junior and Princess Tsunami or whatever her name is

What would be wonderful in my opinion is for both Jordan and Pete to desist from using the children for photo opportunitiesand request that the press blank out their faces if they are photographed in public places. The children are easily recognised and could take a lifetime of flak from other people which will not be in their best interests, they surely have their own rights to family life and PRIVACY
Thanks for the informative post. It would be interesting to see how much, if any, of the bad KP press is true. I did note someone in the other thread calling for people to report KP to social services which is perhaps indicative of how the media has whipped this up without care for the children.

I totally agree with your final paragraph. They should both look towards Jeff Brazier for a good example of actually putting children first.
Old 27-08-2009, 01:26   #24
ValLambert
Forum Member

I suspect that Jordan only had those kids as another money making idea so putting them first will be a completely novel idea to her.
ValLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 01:39   #25
NativeMoon
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValLambert View Post
I suspect that Jordan only had those kids as another money making idea so putting them first will be a completely novel idea to her.

She's incapable of putting them first... As she keeps demonstrating over and over. Even when she has them at her place she's running off somewhere with the cagefighter...like cagefights...