Operation RESOLUTE is the ADF’s contribution to the whole of government to protect Australia’s borders and offshore maritime interests.
Up to 400 ADF personnel are assigned to Operation RESOLUTE.
ADF resources allocated to Operation RESOLUTE comprise:
- seven RAN Armidale-class patrol boats (ACPBs), with up to an additional two ACPBs when the unauthorised arrival threat level warrants further response capability;
- AP-3C Orion Maritime Patrol Aircraft that provide surveillance of Australia’s north-west and northern approaches;
- Australian Army Regional Force Surveillance Unit patrols which conduct land based security operations; and
- a Transit Security Element of 20 to 32 personnel.
- a standby RAN Major Fleet Unit (for northern waters response);
- a standby major RAN fleet unit and underway replenishment vessel when advised that the Customs Charter Vessel is unavailable (for a Southern Ocean patrol);
In addition, ADF units transiting the area of operations, whilst not assigned to Operation RESOLUTE, also contribute to the overall surveillance and security effort through their presence and standard reporting procedures.