October 19, 2009 - Although Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story was the biggest September sales story, it wasn't the only Nintendo DS game that won big last month.
Bowser moved nearly 260,000 copies in September, but the young upstart Scribblenauts also had a strong debut month, selling 194,000 copies, according to data released today by the NPD Group.
The creative puzzle platformer from Warner Bros. Interactive and Drawn to Life developer 5th Cell was a big hit at the 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo and went on to sell big at retail. The title was outsold on the DS in September only by Bowser and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, both highly anticipated games from strong franchises.
Popular games in this genre:
1. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (DS)
2. Planet Puzzle League (DS)
3. Picross DS (DS)
4. Tetris DS (DS)
5. Meteos (DS)
Popular games on this platform:
1. Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (DS)
2. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
4. Pokemon Platinum Version (DS)
5. Pokemon Diamond Version (DS)