sig2dat is a tool for using signatures (hashes) to share exact copies of a file with Morpheus 1.3.3, Kazaa, Grokster or iMesh.(Want to know more? - start with the primer).
Supports quicklinks now! (HTML format output)
Try more UUHashes. Why not compute UUHashes from your own files and publish them in the forums?
Any questions? Please ask them in the ShareTheFiles Forum
Attention: Do not use Uninstall, if you installed sig2dat in Kazaa Folder as it deletes all subfolders and thus may delete all your downloads
sig2dat 3.11.a_setup.zip for download, then unzip and run setup to install
- You can calculate signatures(hashes) from files you created or verified and publish them or mail to friends (It seems Grokster needs the exact filelength!).
- You can make startfiles from given signatures (hashes).
- For using quicklinks with Opera add the following line to the Opera6.ini under User Prefs:
Only quicklinks with format sig2dat:/// work correctly, older quicklinks with format sig2dat:// have problems with cases.
Copy the lines above and use the 'Paste from Clipboard' function of sig2dat to create a startfile.
- Want to try it? The real important line is the one starting with UUHash ...
Please, be carefull! Even if the hashes offer a rather safe way for sharing, they do NOT offer 100% protection against virus infected files. Always have a recently updated virusscan running, if you download files, which can transport virusses!
- if you have installed the sig2dat protocol and stored sig2dat.exe you may try the quicklink:
surprise.mp3 or use copy paste with the lines below
- File: surprise.mp3
Then restart your p2p client.
- Version 3.11.a - 25.August 2002
- correction to quicklink generation
actually replaces sig2dat:// by sig2dat:/// which prevents lower case conversion in Opera
- Version 3.10.a - 2. June 2002
- supports quicklinks with Opera now
(actually replaces "%20" with " ")
- Version 3.9.a - 27. May 2002
- Bugfix: Possible Error when reading regiistry for "DownloadDir"
(Thanks to PseudoTrack Support)
- Supports Hybrid Quicklinks (after an ideea of BuzzB2k)
- Version 3.8.a - 30. April 2002
- Supports HTML/BB Code format quicklink ooutput
- Supports Drag&Drop of files for hash callculation
- Version 3.7.a - 22. April 2002
- Supports Quicklinks:
if the proper sig2dat protocol was installed using the registry file.
- The hash list is sorted now, if more theen 1 file were selected.
- Version 3.6.a - 4. April 2002
The dummy user a1234@MusicCity was replaced and the IP (I think it was an IP of old Musiccity) was replaced by 0.0.0.0
- Version 3.5.a
The first really working version