The Launceston Tramway Museum Society was formed to restore No 29 tram which was one of the twenty nine trams that plied the streets of Launceston between 1911 and 1952. The No. 29 double bogie tram was a virtual derelict when retrieved and now is in pristine condition.
The museum also has three single bogie trams for restoration. All Trams will run on 3ft 6 inch track when restored. Plans are in hand to build a new tram shed and Museum on the old Inveresk Railway site and will be an asset to the city of Launceston. The long term plan of the L.T.M.S is to have a city loop, this loop will collect tourists from a central point in the city and take them to the new Queen Victoria Museum at Inveresk.
For more information please contact us: