The cathedral church of St Martin's is the repository of the finest collection of monuments
The oldest extant monument in the church is the
Tournai Slab, which dates
from about 1325.
The oldest inscription is that to John
Herrick who died in 1589,
while the most recent is the beautifully
carved floor slab to Dudley Gundry in St Dunstan’s Chapel.