22 killed in Egypt train collision (Lead)October 25th, 2009 - 12:21 pm ICT by IANS -
Cairo, Oct 25 (IANS) At least 22 people were killed and 42 injured when two passenger trains collided some 50 km south of the Egyptian capital, police said.
One of the trains involved in the collision Saturday was travelling from Cairo to the oasis of al-Fayum, roughly 80 km southwest of the capital. The second was travelling from Cairo to the southern city of Assiut, Xinhua reported Sunday.
Rescue teams were trying to cut the damaged carriages open to rescue passengers.
The police said no foreigners had been found among the dead and injured so far.
- At least 15 killed, 24 injured in Egypt train crash - Oct 25, 2009
- Three killed in China train collision - Jun 29, 2009
- 47 killed in Egypt road accident - Dec 14, 2008
- Egypt road accident toll rises to 51 (Lead) - Dec 15, 2008
- Mathura train accident: 22 killed - Oct 21, 2009
- One dead after train collision near Rotterdam (Lead) - Sep 25, 2009
- Train smashes into vehicles in Egypt, 27 killed - Jul 16, 2008
- 10 killed in deadly Mathura train collision - Oct 21, 2009
- 23 killed in Mathura train collision (Third Lead) - Oct 21, 2009
- 23 killed as trains collide in Mathura (Roundup) - Oct 21, 2009
Posted in World, |