By Official Release
Posted Nov 30 2009 2:11PM
The Charlotte Bobcats' Gerald Wallace and the San Antonio Spurs' Tim Duncan today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Nov. 23, through Sunday, Nov. 29.
With weekly averages of 25.3 points, 13.7 rebounds, 1.7 steals and 1.0 blocks, Wallace led the Bobcats to a 3-0 mark. Wallace scored a season-high 31 points in consecutive wins over Toronto and Cleveland, marking just the fifth time in Bobcats history that a player recorded back-to-back 30-point games. Wallace pulled down double-digit rebounds in all three games.
Duncan led San Antonio to a 4-0 week, posting three double-doubles along the way. Duncan averaged 21.8 points on .583 shooting, to go with 10.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.5 blocks. With 21 points in the Spurs' 92-84 win over the Rockets on Nov. 27, Duncan passed Terry Cummings (19,460) for 39th on the NBA's all-time scoring list.
Here is a recap of the week for Wallace and Duncan:
Gerald Wallace, Charlotte Bobcats
• Nov. 25 vs. Toronto: Posted 31 points, 13 rebounds, two steals and two blocks during a 116-81 win over the Raptors.
• Nov. 27 vs. Cleveland: Netted 31 points for the second straight game and added 14 rebounds in a 94-87 win over the Cavaliers.
• Nov. 28 @ Washington: Rounded out the week with his third double-double, tallying 14 points and 14 rebounds in a 92-76 victory over the Wizards.
Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
• Nov. 23 vs. Milwaukee: Tallied 24 points and 12 rebounds in a 112-98 win over the Bucks.
• Nov. 25 vs. Golden State: Posted 20 points, 10 rebounds, six assists and three blocks in a 118-104 win over the Warriors. Nov. 27 @ Houston: Collected 21 points, 12 rebounds and four blocks during a 92-84 win over the Rockets.
• Nov. 29 vs. Philadelphia: Recorded 22 points, six rebounds, five assists and three blocks in 97-89 win over the 76ers.
Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Cleveland's LeBron James, Denver's Carmelo Anthony, Golden State's Monta Ellis, L.A. Clippers' Marcus Camby, Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, Orlando's Dwight Howard, Phoenix's Steve Nash and Sacramento's Tyreke Evans.
|Dikembe Mutombo to lead court dedications in India|
|Celtics' Daniels undergoes thumb surgery|
|Kings rookie Evans limps off court with apparent leg injury|
|Memorial service honors late Wizards owner Pollin|
|Walton to temporarily fill in for Lakers broadcasts|
|Dislocated pinkie sidelines Nuggets' Martin|
|Blazers' Fernandez has procedure on back|
|Pacers' Granger out 4-6 weeks wth foot injury|
|Emotional Allen Iverson marks Philly return|
|AP: Knicks to play in Italy in preseason|
|It's Ahmads, Mad NBA World|
Ahmad takes alook at Iverson return, Kobe's buzzer beater and other strange happenings from last week.
|Steal and Stop|
Marvin Williams get the steal but is blocked by John Salmons.
|A Champion in Heart|
Dikembe Mutombo has spent his career exemplifying the best ways to make the world a better place.
|NBA Fit: Birdman at Red Rocks|
Denver's Chris Andersen gets ready for the 2009-10 season with a workout at Red Rocks Amphitheater.
|Kobe's Amazing Moment|
Relive Kobe Bryant's shot that gave the Lakers a dramatic win over the Heat.
|The Maine Event|
The D-League's Maine Red Claws opened their season with a raucous crowd and a win.
|Ode to the Big Men|
NBA TV's Chris Webber has his weekly homage to the big men of the NBA.
Zach Randolph notches a season-high 32 points and 14 rebounds as the Grizzlies beat the Cavaliers.
The King goes into Memphis and drops 43 points on the Grizzlies, but the Cavs still come up short.
|Magic vs. Clippers|
Dwight Howard has one of the best games of the season so far as the Magic beat the Clippers.