Big Shot at the Stratosphere
2000 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, 89104
Big Shot at the Stratosphere Details
- Hours of operation: Sunday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 1 a.m. Fridays, Saturdays and holidays, 10 a.m. - 2 a.m. In cases of extreme weather conditions, schedule is subject to change.
- Cost: $19.95 with admission to Stratosphere Tower. Tickets to ride the Big Shot, Insanity and X Scream are $27.95. Tickets for two rides is $23.95. An all-day ride pass is also available for $33.95. All of these packages include admission to the Stratosphere Tower. Front-of-the-line passes are also available for an additional $13.95 for adults and $10 for children.
- Payment options: Cash, Visa, MasterCard.
- Reservations: Not applicable.
- Location: Located at the Stratosphere hotel-casino, just north of the intersection of the Vegas Strip and Sahara Avenue.
- Age/Height/Weight restrictions: You must be 48 inches tall to ride.
Big Shot at the Stratosphere Review
On the Stratosphere's Big Shot, you'll take off so fast, you'll actually feel like the rocket itself. The Big Shot whisks you 160 feet in the air in an astounding 2.5 seconds. Get a feel of weightlessness as 4 Gs of force literally lift you off your seat. You'll then drop to shocking one negative G.
The initial free-fall drop is so intense, most riders are too shocked to express their emotions immediately.
“People want to scream, but they just can’t,” said Mike Gilmartin, public relations manager for American Casino & Entertainment Properties.
After the drop, you'll bounce up and down the 238-foot mast three times. After "floating" back to the base, you'll feel so giddy and energized that you can't stop giggling.
The Big Shot is located 100 stories above the ground, reaching a maximum height of 1,049 feet (including the Stratosphere Tower). This ride is sure to knock your socks off. In fact, you should kick your shoes off so you could truly experience the breeze.
-- Review by Jeannie Borbe