Single-day holiday event
Booty Bay, Stranglethorn Vale
arrrr matey, it be Pirates' Day! Commoners wearing pirate garb have appeared in all the world's cities with the news that the Dread Captain DeMeza and her crew have landed in Booty Bay and declared it Pirates' Day! If you are brave enough to share a drink with her, you may have what it takes to become an honorary crew member for the day.
First, talk to any pirate commoner to receive a costume to help you get into the spirit of
Pirates' Day. Once appropriately attired, head down to Booty Bay to join in the fun.
There, look for Dread Captain Demeza and her crew, who have taken over the
roof of the Booty Bay bank and auction house. By talking to Captain
DeMeza, players become an honorary crew member and transform
into a pirate of their race and gender for 12 hours. This costume
buff may be clicked off but persists through combat, mounting, death,
and so on. Other highlights of the holiday include:
- A large crowd of pirate revelers ("Dread Crew") who dance, talk, eat, drink, laugh, and shoot fireworks. Ask Baron Revilgaz what he thinks of the visitors.
- The Tauren First Mate Hapana and his giant South Seas assault parrot, Nyuni.
- A trio of cannons and cannoneers who periodically fire out into the bay - at times, just barely missing the sails of the incoming transport. Those crazy corsairs.
- Cap'n Slappy and Ol' Chumbucket, two curiously-named pirates.
- Lively pirate-themed music that plays upon the rooftop.