Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedModern Warfare 2 DLC "exclusively first" on 360: http://tiny.cc/z8495
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
FIFA 'beating the heck out of Pro Evo' | Fable III reveal next month | Greenpeace report slams Nintendo... again | Official: Heavy Rain out Feb 26 | Microsoft: 3D still has hurdles to clear | The greatest Nintendo gaming moment of all time is... | Ninety-Nine Nights II release date "spring" | EA plans 'attack' on Call Of Duty success | Bayonetta does Playboy | Microsoft treating Natal 'as a new console' | Call of Duty MMO is a go? | This week's Nintendo downloads | Nintendo's first Wii game for 2010 is... | Red Dead Redemption screenshots | God Of War 3 is a 'must have' - Sony | Heavy Rain release date outed for US | Left 4 Dead 2 gets free Xbox weekend | Modern Warfare 2 supremo making graphic novel | Halo Reach image leaks | Lost Planet 2 screens uncovered | Dead Or Alive 5 "in production" for PS3 | 10 new countries to get XBL Video Marketplace | Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars screens | Blomkamp on District 9 game (fooking prawns) | Modern Warfare 2 DLC "exclusively first" on 360
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
November release date for Call Of Duty: Vietnam
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
FlimFlam
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Seriously? A Call of Duty game just before Christmas? I'm in a state of shock... Rolling Eyes

How about 'NO' Activision. Done with your games I'm afraid, and your franchise flogging attitude. I'm voting with my wallet.
Windy
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Boring!
Doubt I'll bother with this outing, going back to crap weapons, no thanks!
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:31 pm Reply with quote

Bobby must be so proud. While it's much to early to say what this latest CoD iteration will be like in terms of quality, it now seems quite clear that Activision has completed the process of turning the CoD franchise in to a yearly milking exercise. That in itself isn't a problem as long as the games are "good" but given past track records with such turn-around dates I'm inclined to think the CoD series is well and truly dead after the "MW2" debacle. Perhaps Treyarch will surprise me and reinvigorate the series, but I won't be holding my breath.
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:32 pm Reply with quote

FlimFlam wrote:
Seriously? A Call of Duty game just before Christmas? I'm in a state of shock... Rolling Eyes

How about 'NO' Activision. Done with your games I'm afraid, and your franchise flogging attitude. I'm voting with my wallet.

Welcome to the club. I started doing that with "MW2". Activision will essentially have to do what EA has done over the past year before I'm willing to get back on-board with them.
JuiKuen
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:38 pm Reply with quote

All I can say is oh dear, but all those morons will lap this up in and instant and the reviews will say its the best game of the year Rolling Eyes
kimoak
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Oh that's just great. Now we'll have one game released in November because other companies will be too pussified to release their games at the same time. I really don't want to see delays or release dates purposely put back until the year after because of one clone.. erm.. game.
yetiC
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:42 pm Reply with quote

COD = XFactor...

Now what's the equivalent of Rage Against The Machine in game terms?!?

C.
altitude2k
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:51 pm Reply with quote

yetiC wrote:
COD = XFactor...

Now what's the equivalent of Rage Against The Machine in game terms?!?

C.

Daikatana.
heatuk10
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:54 pm Reply with quote

do you c**ts never stop moaning?! another call of duty game, nice one! buy it or don't! no need to moan like little bitches!
Browny-Lad
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:54 pm Reply with quote

I don't think we need a new Call of Duty. I'm not done with MW2 yet. But I would like to try some guerilla tactics.

Last edited by Browny-Lad on 7 Jan 10 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
altitude2k

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:55 pm Reply with quote

heatuk10 wrote:
do you c**ts never stop moaning?! another call of duty game, nice one! buy it or don't! no need to moan like little bitches!

You sound like you need a wank, mate.
StokedUp

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:57 pm Reply with quote

i Really hope that the story is following the vietnamese and not the americans it would be so much more interesting. i would much rather play as the vietnamese aswell.
ginsin
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 5:58 pm Reply with quote

FlimFlam wrote:

Why are you getting so worked up? No one is forcing you to buy these games. I'm personally not interested in the Treyarch Call of Duty games, so I doubt I'll be buying it.

People need to caaalllm down. Seriously.
Josh_wafc
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 6:21 pm Reply with quote

I liked modern warfare 1 before the chavs came and ruined i with there amazing lobbie banter, then party chat came and fixed that, so i carried on playing in my usuall good humour. Why take it out of modern warfare 2 infinity ward!!! And id rather contract herpies then by another treyarch game, so halo reach will be for me.
splojgonxee

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 6:28 pm Reply with quote

never owned a cod game ever. played mw and thought "meh counter-strike was better". anyway the complaints revolve around the constant rehashes and the fact that so many games are delayed / undersold and good games get lost in the hype behind this overrated series that has added no joy to my gaming life. no thanks for this garbage.
H0P5

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 6:33 pm Reply with quote

This is exciting news!

It's exciting because I am not excited about the prospect of such a COD game, and expect developers will feel the same and not be discouraged from releasing titles in the run up to christmas. Choice is a good thing.
Number "0"
Capital "P"
Number "5"
Digvoldi
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 6:39 pm Reply with quote

Hated WAW so will give this a miss
bunneyo
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 6:40 pm Reply with quote

wheey im done with COD for good, cheers anyway, bring on MEDAL OF HONOR!!!
ste hicky
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 6:40 pm Reply with quote

sounds cool to me. i'll pick the wii version up in a heartbeat,i'm loving 'reflex' online.

i might be in the minority here but i prefer waw to mw2 and am quite looking forward to treyarchs next cod.

more than iw's next effort anyway....
bazzatuk

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 7:00 pm Reply with quote

Activision will ruin themselves. They are relying on too many franchises at present and one day the interest will fall in COD. Has it changed much since COD2? Not really, play COD2 again and then come back and tell me it has changed. It's the same game.

Multiplayer is ok, but each new version is just a rehash of the year before with a few changes.

I can see a time very soon when the bottom drops out of Activision's key franchises. Guitar Hero, Call of Duty bring in the bulk of their money. And when these titles fail Activision will be in trouble because it will happen quick and without warning.
aliferg

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 7:06 pm Reply with quote

I agree with someone above, WOW was Wank, I wont be buying it....

and to the k**b complaining at us complaining and saying our freedom of speech you tw@, �uck u knobhead! thats what comments boxes are for you c**k!
1589vaughan

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 7:12 pm Reply with quote

glad i've not been a sheep and followed the flock in adopting to COD. the probable reason they are keen to get another game out is because of the reception it has recieved. just like the Halo series, they have taken it too far. I'll stick to the lesser hyped games thank you very much
DAEDALUS79
Kudos: 41

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Ive been playing the coD series since its launch way back in 2003, Ive also owned every CoD game released since then (minus the ps2 rehashes which I dont count), I however wont be buying this, Activision can rot as far as im concerned.
jihadjoseph56
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 7:31 pm Reply with quote

As long as they fix the difficulty, I'll consider purchasing this.

CoD:WAW wasn't that hard, but the constant rain of grenades made me nearly throw my controller out the window, several times.

It was nearly impossible on the veteran difficulty.
ted1138
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 7 Jan 10 7:49 pm Reply with quote

The_KFD_Case wrote:
Bobby must be so proud. While it's much to early to say what this latest CoD iteration will be like in terms of quality, it now seems quite clear that Activision has completed the process of turning the CoD franchise in to a yearly milking exercise. That in itself isn't a problem as long as the games are "good" but given past track records with such turn-around dates I'm inclined to think the CoD series is well and truly dead after the "MW2" debacle. Perhaps Treyarch will surprise me and reinvigorate the series, but I won't be holding my breath.

No, go on, hold your breath, well at least till November anyway Neutral .
PSN:ted1138-ftw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: