The Bay View Garden And Yard Society is a group of gay, lesbian,
and gay-friendly people
living in Bay View, a neighborhood of Milwaukee, Wisconsin,
who share a love of gardening, their community and the neighborhood.
The main objective of the Bay View GAYS is to have fun. The kind of "fun" people have in sharing common goals, activities, social gatherings, work and building a stronger community and neighborhood. The purpose of the Bay View GAYS:
- To have fun while promoting the Bay View community through the beautification of our gardens and yards.
- To share gardening information, exchange plants and share information that is of particular interest to those living in Bay View.
- To encourage others in Bay View to maintain their gardens, yards and homes.
- To volunteer our time and talents in maintaining public gardens in Bay View.
- To socialize with other gay, lesbian, and gay-friendly persons living in Bay View.
The primary activity of the Bay View GAYS is to promote Bay View through our gardening and social activities. The activities of the Bay View GAYS:
- Adopting and maintaining a public garden
- Educational excursions
- Guest speakers
- Dinners and social gatherings
- Participation in and support of community and neighborhood projects.
Through the varied activities of the Bay View Garden And Yard Society, it is hoped that we may positively influence and strengthen our community and neighborhood we call home.
Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of every month except November and December. Meetings are held at the Beulah Brinton House (2590 S. Superior Street, Bay View) unless an alternative meeting site or field trip is scheduled. The Annual Bay View GAYS Dinner is held in November. No meeting is scheduled for December due to the busy holiday season.
Meetings are informal. Information on gardening and related activities is shared among members. Information concerning the neighborhood, community and particular concerns and interests of members (i.e. reliable plumbers, new restaurants, etc.) is also shared. Periodically, guest speakers or group outings will be scheduled.
Those interested can join the Bay View GAYS at any time. Dues are $5 per person/per month or $60 annually. Dues are used to fund community service projects and the incidental costs of running the Society.
For more information, please view a copy of our club brochure.
Please email all comments and inquiries to Kevin Edwards, president of the Bay View GAYS.
Questions or comments? Email the webmaster.
The Bay View Garden And Yard Society (Bay View GAYS) is registered with the State of Wisconsin.