* Printer Friendly |  Text Only |  Accessibility Guide
Arts and Culture

Culture Swindon


Town Centre, Licences, Business Rates

Community and Living

Voluntary Groups, Community Safety, Grants

Council and Democracy

Consultations, Scrutiny, Performance, Policies

Education and Learning

Schools, Colleges, Universities, Training


Food Hygiene, Street Cleaning, Recycling

Health and Social Care

Carers, CYPSP, Disability, Families, Children, Over 50s


Council Tax, Council Housing, Repairs, Sheltered Homes

Jobs & Careers

Recruitment News, and Council Vacancies

Leisure and Sport

Leisure Centres, Parks and Sporting Facilities

Transport & Streets

Car Parks, Cycling, Buses, Footpaths

Visiting Swindon

Tourist Attractions, Places to Stay, Shops

General Enquiries

Swindon Borough Council
Civic Offices
Euclid Street


01793 445500


01793 436659

Comments & Complaints

Giving us your feedback


Frequently Asked Questions

The following is a list of the questions most frequently asked by Swindon Borough Council customers when visiting the council's Customer Services desk. To find out the answer to any of the questions posed, please click on the relevant question.

1. How do I report an Abandoned Vehicle?
2. Where do I go if I have a query on my Income Tax ?
3. How do I report damage or faults to the highways and roads?
4. Where is Swindon's local Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) office?
5. Where can I find the local Job Centre Plus Office?
6. How do I apply for a SwindonCard?
7. I'm interested in renting an allotment, how do I go about it?
8. How do I get large items removed and what costs are involved?
9. Where do I report repairs to my council property?
10. Can I make an application for a home improvement grant?
11. Do I need planning permission for an improvement or alteration to my home?
12. How and where do I report a complaint about excessive noise?

Accessibility Guideline Notes

  1. All links to documents and websites open in a new browser window.
  2. A pdf reader is needed to view pdf files. A free Acrobat® reader may be obtained from the Adobe website (www.adobe.co.uk/products/acrobat/
    readstep2.html). For help to convert pdf files into HTML or ASCII text for improved accessibility, visit Adobe® Online Conversion Tools (www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/
  3. For details of accessibility standards and guidance for this website, please visit the Website Accessibility help page.