About University of Colorado Hospital
Welcome to the
University of Colorado Hospital
Top medical professionals, superior medicine and progressive change make University of Colorado Hospital one of the leading hospitals in the nation.
Consistently ranked among the top hospitals in the country by U.S.News & World Report and many other rating agencies, University of Colorado Hospital is internationally respected for its exceptional teams of medical specialists, its remarkable medical outcomes and its overall clinical excellence.
Our hospital includes primary care and specialty clinics around the state, as well as our central facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus.
The campus itself is a place of arresting vision of what health care should be. The scene of many medical firsts, University of Colorado Hospital is also the site of new models of care like patient- and family-centered care and “medical home,” designed to help patients navigate their ways through what can be a de-humanizing health care system.
It is, of course, where our vast and oft-honored network of family and multi-specialist caregivers – nurses, physicians, staff members, executives and more – assemble to deliver medicine, cures, hope and care to the people of Colorado and the many others who come from around the country to seek our help.
The lobby of the Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion.
We're famous, too, for our advanced facilities in the unique health care city growing at the Anschutz Medical Campus In Aurora, Colorado.
Our buildings include:
- The Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion, our main 400+ bed hospital
- The Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion, home to many of our clinics
- The Anschutz Cancer Pavilion, home to the renowned clinical services of the University of Colorado Cancer Center (with outcomes that far exceed state averages)
- The Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute, home to University Laser Vision and what Ophthalmology Times recently named one of the 10 best ophthalmology practices in the country.
- The Center for Dependency, Addiction and Rehabilitation, the region's premier residential and treatment center for adults and families afflicted with alcoholism, gambling and substance dependencies.
The hospital and its much-honored physicians also operate primary care clinics in six convenient Denver metro locations.
The Region's Only Academic Hospital
Academic hospitals, of course, tend to be the first in their regions – and often in the nation – to bring new treatments to the bedside.
All the providers at University of Colorado Hospital are also faculty members at one of the premier academic research institutions in the country, the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine. They therefore have to keep up with – and often lead – the latest in research and medical treatments. When they transfer that advanced knowledge in our collaborative teams of experts and specialists, we can often help patients in ways other hospitals cannot.