February 01, 2010, 06:39:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the video clips on our YouTube account.
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FaceBook SlashDot Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25  All   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sandwatch Sneak Peek: New Photos!  (Read 38769 times)
Phenix
Senior Officer

Trade Feedback +4/-0

501st / MEPD

« Reply #690 on: January 02, 2010, 02:43:53 PM »

So basiclly their buttons? What's next, hat pins?
Report to moderator   Logged

TD-5491
501st Legion
Bast Alpha Garrison
Public Relations Officer / Charity Liason
MEPD "Deployed"
http://www.myspace.com/projectphenix
Darth Spice
Sandtrooper Admin
Sith Lord

Trade Feedback +54/-0

W. Axl Spice

« Reply #691 on: January 02, 2010, 02:48:04 PM »

I think shoe laces should be more in order since the collectors have been grabbing their ankles for close to 3 years now.

There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.
gorkoracing
Spec Ops

Trade Feedback +3/-0

« Reply #692 on: January 02, 2010, 02:52:03 PM »

Here's pics of the others i mentioned

Coleman Trebor
Senior Officer

Trade Feedback +6/-0

You ain't much if you ain't Dutch

« Reply #693 on: January 02, 2010, 03:02:11 PM »

OOh, nice. Lando and AT-AT Driver are so mine!

When he realized an opportunity to kill Dooku, he leapt onto Archduke Poggle the Lesser's viewing box, taking the Count by surprise. However, Dooku's right-hand-man, Mandalorian bounty hunter Jango Fett, fired upon Trebor with his blaster pistols, sending him to his death as he fell many meters. It was later said that, had Trebor been successful, the Clone Wars might have been averted.
Napseeker
Corporal

Trade Feedback +0/-0

« Reply #694 on: January 02, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »

Taco-Bot is clearly a Hasbro employee!!!!   Grin   These badges suck suck suck... and suck some more.  The Hasbro idiot who thought that this would improve sales should be fired on the spot.  After one of the best pack-in programs ever, we now get one of the absolute worst.

sithmasterc
Spec Ops

Trade Feedback +27/-0

I'm a llama!

« Reply #695 on: January 02, 2010, 03:04:06 PM »

I do agree,if these are the pack ins,blah.The only problem I have (well at this point)had with the BAD figures is that in order to build the droid you have to buy figures you don't want or get the part on Eprey.Again,if Hasbro packed the parts randomly they would gave army builders a good chance to build the droid.Again the figure choices for 2010 have to be out of this world.No pun intended.
Coleman Trebor
Senior Officer

Trade Feedback +6/-0

« Reply #696 on: January 02, 2010, 03:08:04 PM »

So basiclly their buttons? What's next, hat pins?

I hope forks and spoons. I still need a couple of those!

When he realized an opportunity to kill Dooku, he leapt onto Archduke Poggle the Lesser's viewing box, taking the Count by surprise. However, Dooku's right-hand-man, Mandalorian bounty hunter Jango Fett, fired upon Trebor with his blaster pistols, sending him to his death as he fell many meters. It was later said that, had Trebor been successful, the Clone Wars might have been averted.
gorkoracing
Spec Ops

Trade Feedback +3/-0

« Reply #697 on: January 02, 2010, 03:08:27 PM »

not sure if this has been seen but i dont remember seeing it but here's a pretty large clone (rex?), with what looks like built in electronics
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:10:08 PM by gorkoracing » Report to moderator   Logged

Coleman Trebor
Senior Officer

Trade Feedback +6/-0

« Reply #698 on: January 02, 2010, 03:14:50 PM »

Reminds me a bit of the Force Battlers from ROTS

Darth Spice
Sandtrooper Admin
Sith Lord

Trade Feedback +54/-0

W. Axl Spice

« Reply #699 on: January 02, 2010, 03:18:45 PM »

Is that thing close to 30 inches???   Shocked

There will come a time when your training ends. There will come a day when you have learned all the lessons, when all my knowledge of the dark side will be yours. On that day you will challenge me for the title of Master, and only one of us will survive the encounter.
Phenix
Senior Officer

Trade Feedback +4/-0

501st / MEPD

« Reply #700 on: January 02, 2010, 04:12:55 PM »

I think shoe laces should be more in order since the collectors have been grabbing their ankles for close to 3 years now.

Really LMAO right now!
Thanks bro I needed that since I'm layed up with my twisted knee.
Yah the new pic posted does look like the older large styled Force figs.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:45:57 PM by Phenix » Report to moderator   Logged

TD-5491
501st Legion
Bast Alpha Garrison
MEPD "Deployed"
CHEWIE34
S.C.A.L.P. Elite

Trade Feedback +1/-0

« Reply #701 on: January 02, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »

Oh dear Lord... what is Hasbro thinking?  Seriously, how silly.

Wink

JediBurrick
Junior Trooper

Trade Feedback +14/-0

« Reply #702 on: January 02, 2010, 04:51:23 PM »

Oh my! What a silly move from Hasbro...

If they think Legacy sold badly, how worse will things get when they'll remove the BAD parts and replace them by such LAME packins !?

Thanks for helping me to keep LOTS of money in MY wallet Hasbro (if this rumor happens to be a reality of course).
Taco-Bot
New Recruit

Trade Feedback +0/-0

« Reply #703 on: January 02, 2010, 05:02:42 PM »

Taco-Bot is clearly a Hasbro employee!!!!   Grin   These badges suck suck suck... and suck some more.  The Hasbro idiot who thought that this would improve sales should be fired on the spot.  After one of the best pack-in programs ever, we now get one of the absolute worst.

Dude.  I so wish I were a hasbro employee.  Now I have to wake up Monday morning and deal with the dissapointment. Cheesy
Phenix
Senior Officer

Trade Feedback +4/-0

501st / MEPD

« Reply #704 on: January 02, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »

Hasbro has done a fine job at helping me keep my money
for the last few yrs now  LOL   Tongue

I still see a few figures and other items that I "have" to buy/own
but not like it was after the POTF 2 rebirth from the middle/late 90"s.

TD-5491
501st Legion
Bast Alpha Garrison
MEPD "Deployed"
Phenix
Senior Officer

Trade Feedback +4/-0

501st / MEPD

« Reply #705 on: January 02, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »

I'd like to add that while the buttons are a bit retro 70's style which are cool
being a child of the 70 's myself, I'd still probably scoop a few for my backpack ect...but I'm not buying a figure
to get one, I'm sure people will be selling them on e-bay for a buck, maybe less LOL

The main thing that I don't like about the BAD program is
that they switch the droid parts to make you buy the same damn
figure you already have one to several off just so you can have different/more droids.

I have a few friends that were buying them religiously, then they started bitcchin about
the same wave with two different droids to build, who's smart idea was that I wonder???  Roll Eyes
LAME!!!!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:12:45 PM by Phenix » Report to moderator   Logged

TD-5491
501st Legion
Bast Alpha Garrison
MEPD "Deployed"
jokabofe
Sith Lord

Trade Feedback +108/-0

NO, I'm Not A Virgin, I Use My Cajones

« Reply #706 on: January 02, 2010, 05:31:48 PM »

Is that thing close to 30 inches???   Shocked

Looks closer to 30cm IMO... probably one of those electronic room alarm type thingys. I'm sure we'll find out in about 5 weeks  Wink

Thought I got dusty - Thought I'd get rusty
thought I'd get rich and quit oh he must be
Fat and ugly broke black and blue
But I'm trim, fit, rich and I'm back for round two
Red white and the Pabst blue ribbon
Dead right that's how I'm livin'
Givin you more then the frauds and fakes
They can't make the kind of figures I make (uh uh)
darthdan
Sith Lord

Trade Feedback +53/-0

wampa's prefer eating rebels vs. imps, less armour

« Reply #707 on: January 02, 2010, 06:15:58 PM »

buttons?  for the pack in?   hahahahahaha..... welll that has zero appeal to me, they just slightly better tnan the dumb holo chess piece figure packins they had sometime back... hell hasbro had a guaranteed way for me to buy every fig in the wave when I needed the droid parts.... but not anymore..... each  figure in eachwave will be looked at with much scutiny before I purchaces em now.... the result... I will most likely buy less.

--Darthdan     "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view"  see my trades page here: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=6642.0   "Tauntaun smells much better after being slow roasted and seasoned with garlic and paprika"  --Ye olde wampa cookbook.
Napseeker
Corporal

Trade Feedback +0/-0

« Reply #708 on: January 02, 2010, 07:03:37 PM »

Thankfully the latest update in the RScum thread seems to disprove that these are future pack-ins.  And not a moment too soon - we don't need another screwup by Hasbro for 2010. The LC line is already in bad enough shape and doesn't need another "slides"/"mini-holograms"/commtech fiasco to help it into sales oblivion.
gorkoracing
Spec Ops

Trade Feedback +3/-0

« Reply #709 on: January 02, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »

Thankfully the latest update in the RScum thread seems to disprove that these are future pack-ins.  And not a moment too soon - we don't need another screwup by Hasbro for 2010. The LC line is already in bad enough shape and doesn't need another "slides"/"mini-holograms"/commtech fiasco to help it into sales oblivion.

I just read that info from e-franks over there and it looks like my sourece is probably wrong.
Odd though the translation for these read: "hasbro badge series" and "the new bulk cargo"

pshorrock72
Bounty Hunter

Trade Feedback +58/-0

AFA is a silly excuse to scalp!!!

« Reply #710 on: January 02, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »

Well Taco.. if you want em.. you can have em!! I would rather send these to someone that wants this crap versus a land fill.. Better yet, is there a hasbro rep we can send this stuff to???
Darth Spice
Sandtrooper Admin
Sith Lord

Trade Feedback +54/-0

W. Axl Spice

« Reply #711 on: January 03, 2010, 12:19:16 AM »

INDEED!  I'll go to war with Gorko's info any day of the week, in fact this is the first time I can recall it was inaccurate.  Everything we posted last year WAS legit from the tin sets to the Dewback.  No big deal.  Smiley

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Star_Wars_Badges_Are_Actually_Yujin_Pins_128559.asp

Either way, this is good news to me.  SEE I told you guys until Curto posts it, it's not real!  Grin Tongue Smiley Wink
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:23:18 AM by Darth Spice » Report to moderator   Logged

sithmasterc
Spec Ops

Trade Feedback +27/-0

I'm a llama!

« Reply #712 on: January 03, 2010, 06:25:48 AM »

Totally,with the poor distribution which is the main problem and the intel that these badges are not the packin.At least one problem is put to bed.
Taco-Bot
New Recruit

Trade Feedback +0/-0

« Reply #713 on: January 03, 2010, 07:12:43 AM »

I can admit some relief that the pack in might be something more condusive to collecting figures.  I will miss B-A-D.
morpheus282
New Recruit

Trade Feedback +0/-0

« Reply #714 on: January 03, 2010, 12:43:01 PM »

Glad to see that the badges aren't going to be the pack in after all.  Going to hard to top build-a-droid.  Maybe they'll come back to it in a few years.
Coleman Trebor
Senior Officer

Trade Feedback +6/-0

« Reply #715 on: January 03, 2010, 01:31:40 PM »

I kinda liked the retro-style badges.

Darth Spice
Sandtrooper Admin
Sith Lord

Trade Feedback +54/-0

W. Axl Spice

« Reply #716 on: January 03, 2010, 01:43:35 PM »

Well we couldn't say the "badges" were too much of a stretch, remember people these are the same guys who delivered flashback photos, Jedi Force Files, holo figures and let's not forget the Jedi Points fiasco.  Hasbro has crapped the bed worse than this, I think maybe we're all over-anxious to see what the follow-up to the B-A-D will be.

Napseeker
Corporal

Trade Feedback +0/-0

« Reply #717 on: January 03, 2010, 02:57:44 PM »

When this rumor hadn't been disproved, I did jokingly say to myself that perhaps Hasbro, in a drunken stupor, knew that they had to do better than B-a-D for 2010 and decided "Hey! What's better than B-a-D?  Why B-a-D-g-e-s of course!!!!"   Grin

jokabofe
Sith Lord

Trade Feedback +108/-0

NO, I'm Not A Virgin, I Use My Cajones

« Reply #718 on: January 03, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »

I'm still not 100% sold on the "this isn't the pack-in you're looking for" just yet. Sure, it's been 'proven' that these are old. But what if they aren't badges, but... magnets? Who's to say that Hasbro didn't license them from the Japanese company that originally produced them to re-use them and introduce them to the US market?

Thought I got dusty - Thought I'd get rusty
thought I'd get rich and quit oh he must be
Fat and ugly broke black and blue
But I'm trim, fit, rich and I'm back for round two
Red white and the Pabst blue ribbon
Dead right that's how I'm livin'
Givin you more then the frauds and fakes
They can't make the kind of figures I make (uh uh)
Taco-Bot
New Recruit

Trade Feedback +0/-0

« Reply #719 on: January 03, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »

But what if they aren't badges, but... magnets? Who's to say that Hasbro didn't license them from the Japanese company that originally produced them to re-use them and introduce them to the US market?

I think a lot of toy makers are afraid to do much with magnets, since they pose such a hazard were kids to swallow them.  I'm suprised that the atoc Saga figures were so loaded with magnets.

Though, I wonder if Hasbro would ever consider doing modular playset parts as a pack-in, sort of like the display stands on the ROTS line... I think Hasbro addressed this in Q&As, but I'd go nuts for more cantina pieces, Lars garage, etc.  I know Playmates sort of attempted this with their Star Trek movie line.  When you'd buy Scotty, you'd get a chair or something.

I sometimes felt penalized with single astromech legs when I couldn't find the rest of the ANH wave, but I wouldn't necessarily feel this way if I only had, oh say, the oil bath part of the lars garage alone...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 05:58:00 PM by Taco-Bot » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25  All   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: