miniMardi - Messy Chess Program
This is a "oh no not another simple chess program" chess program.
It's written in C and works under Unix and Windows.
- Opening book (small, limited by the simple search).
- AlphaBeta search.
- Time management.
- Search heuristics (history moves).
- Draw aware (3-fold repetition).
- FEN support.
- xboard compatible.
- Zippy compatible.
- 0x88 board representation.
- zobrist keys for repetition detection.
- moves encoded into an INT.
- move sorting (mvv/lva), history moves.
- AlphaBeta search with Quiescent.
- Now available at sourceforge.
- My work on MTD available here.
- I'm working on Deep miniMardi! (OpenMP), results are still not very satisfying.
- Transposition table and Null move are now working with version 1.3.
- I made a hack of icsDrone that works with ICC and that uses algebraic notation when adjourning games.
- Click here.
- When the applet has started click on "open connection".
- Login as "guest".
- Type "match minimardi 5 0".
Now you can play!
Note: The engine can be busy playing or offline.
- Linux: minimardi.1.3.i386.tgz Updated!
- For those having problems (now very likely fixed 100%): Updated!
- Linux i recommend xboard.
- Windows i recommend Arena.
- Fix Transposition Table (currently disabled).
- Better evaluation function.
- Artifical Neural Network (TD learning) for "positional" evaluation.
- Nullmove pruning.
Statistics for minimardi(C) On for: 1:07 Idle: 0
minimardi is currently involved in a match against Damn-IamGood.
rating [need] win loss draw total best
Bullet 2235 365 57 29 451 2371 (20-Jul-2003)
Blitz 2213 921 230 76 1227 2266 (17-Jul-2003)
Standard 1901 183 54 22 259 2048 (19-Jul-2003)