Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham shakes up coaching staff
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham has readjusted some assignments on his staff. The moves, which were necessary following the departure of cornerbacks coach J.D. Williams and the hiring of quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson during the offseason, were announced Wednesday.
Receivers coach Aaron Roderick has been elevated to co-offensive coordinator and will share duties with Dave Schramm, who will now coach the tight ends. He takes over a position assignment previously held by Jay Hill, who was moved over to the defensive side to oversee the cornerbacks.
"When we hired Brian (Johnson) to coach the quarterbacks, the intent was to assemble the best staff possible, rather than just filling the open position," Whittingham said in announcing the changes. "Jay (Hill) will move over to the defensive side of the ball and coach the cornerbacks, the position he excelled at as a player and coached his first two years on the staff. Dave (Schramm) can coach about any position on the field, which gave us some real flexibility on that front."
Since joining the Utah staff in 2005, Schramm has coached the running backs and quarterbacks. He added offensive coordinator duties last season.
Hill, meanwhile, returns to a role he had earlier in his career. He was Eric Weddle's position coach in 2005 and 2006.
- Letters: Overpaid administrators 12:22 a.m.
- Letters: Strong principles 12:22 a.m.
- Letters: Lobbyists too powerful 12:22 a.m.
- Letters: Consolidate districts 12:22 a.m.
- Letters: Classic power grab 12:22 a.m.
- Church News: Missions combined 12:19 a.m.
- SLC resident carries Aussie flag 12:17 a.m.
- Missions realigned and combined 12:12 a.m.
- George Hinkle a Benedict Arnold 12:12 a.m.
- World's Fair gave Mormons visibility 12:12 a.m.
- Pac-10 talk creating a stir
- Olympic luger dies after crash
- Toone family cherishes memories
- Utah Jazz: Q&A with Greg Miller
- Gay marriage battle chills debate
- BYU back to the basics
- Cosby coming to the land of Jell-O
- Jordan School Dist. to lay off 500
- Man charged in child porn case
- UTA bus hits man on BYU campus
- Gay marriage battle chills debate231
- Teacher merit pay debated216
- Pac-10 talk creating a stir203
- Pondering Pac-10 expansion186
- White House mocks Sarah Palin175
- Romney's book makes 'No Apology'174
- Bush billboard: 'Miss me yet?'173
- Pac-10 to become Pac-12?168
- Jordan School Dist. to lay off 500159
- High school basketball rankings145
Im so sorry this happened. This is so shocking and my prayers to the family...
Do I miss Bush? Not really. But Obama is more Hype than Hope. This guy is...
Too many people suffer from the delusion that most scientific research is NOT...
YES! I knew the real Vikings would win! Congrats!!!
I'd like to see a real live "lockout". It would open some eyes of the salary...
some of them peoples have been there for a few days..after a few hours...
Way to go Viewmont. So many injuries and the pressure to win it again and...
I feel bad all of you guys are going to have to take a pay cut. Ok no I...
When a society reaches absolute equality, it also reaches a state without any...
I like to be able to contribute to local charities that benefit the community...