Dubai Police name new suspects in al Mabhouh murder
- Last Updated: February 24. 2010 11:13PM UAE / February 24. 2010 7:13PM GMT
Dubai police this afternoon released a list of 15 additional names and photos of people they said were involved with the January assassination of Hamas leader Mahmoud al Mabhouh in a Dubai hotel, including three Australians.
The team's various members travelled through more than a half-dozen nations and, according to police, visited Dubai on at least four previous occasions before the actual assassination.
Police said they were able to track some of the movements because of the use of credit cards by 14 of the suspects. The cards were issued by a US bank, officials said.
The new suspects' identities, according to police, are: Daniel Marc Schnur, Gabriella Barney, Roy Allan Cannon, Stephen Keith Drake, Mark Sklur and Philip Carr, all using British documents; Ivy Brinton, Anna Shuana Clasby and Chester Halvey, using Irish documents; David Bernard LaPierre, Melenie Heard and Eric Rassineux, using French documents; and Bruce Joshua Daniel, Nicole Sandra Mccabe and Adam Korman, using Australian documents.
Other UAE stories
Most popular stories
- Aquarium leak floods Dubai Mall
- Nation mourns Sheikh Mubarak
- Zayed’s grandson joins the force
- 15 more suspects in Hamas death plot
- In pictures: The 15 new Hamas murder suspects
- Concern over missing student
- ‘Agents’ still preying on job seekers
- Tendulkar a one-day wonder
- Two charged with attempted murder after mass brawl in Dubai
- UAE web surfers are twice as likely to use Facebook