Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old Today, 04:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenolimbs View Post
Lim is probably estimating too low since Eddy Merckx could put out 6.1 - 6.3 W/kg, and he wasn't a pure climber . This was before doping using either EPO or blood transfusions too. So it's safe to say that Merckx was cleanish (in terms of O2 boosting).

Other climbers could climber faster than Merckx:
http://www.cyclingrevealed.com/nov05/top25-17.html

Also, I'm a no-talent, weekend warrior and I can put out over 5 W/kg on long climbs (330 W, 65 kg). Cadel Evans would def. be more than 20% faster than me.
If you are not racing against pros then your numbers are way off. I know Cat 1's who have worse numbers than you claim.
Old Today, 07:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeCentric View Post
If you are not racing against pros then your numbers are way off. I know Cat 1's who have worse numbers than you claim.
Nope, I'm 6', 65 kg, and have no muscles. Helps the power-to-weight ratio. Downside is I suck when things get anaerobic (which is why I'm stuck in Cat 2).

And I fear we may be off topic. I think it was supposed to be sprinter power-to-weight ratios?