Moffat reveals Doctor Who new series launch date
- Posted at 3:17pm
- 19 March 2010
- by PaulJones-RT
- 2 comments
In an interview on this morning's Breakfast programme on BBC1, Doctor Who supremo Steven Moffat officially announced the date Who fans have been waiting for. The new Doctor's adventures begin on 3 April, marking the return of the show to Saturday evenings.
Moffat described Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith as an "elegant shambles", having previously said of the 27-year-old, "he brings back genuine madness to the role - Matt's Doctor is bonkers."
Moffat also revealed some of the foes the Time Lord will be facing. The Weeping Angels that scared fans stupid in Moffat's series three story, Blink, will be back - even more terrifying than before, he promised. There's a return, too, for classic foes the Silurians, who have not appeared in Doctor Who since the mid-1980s. And it will come as no surprise that reports of the Daleks' demise have been greatly exaggerated
Meanwhile, a number of other well-known faces are scheduled to make appearances. James Corden, Iain Glen, Alex Kingston, Sophie Okonedo, Bill Paterson, Meera Syal and Nina Wadia will all feature in the 13-part series, while an episode penned by romcom king Richard Curtis is also an intriguing prospect.
Post a comment
Thank you for your comment
Thank you for your comments. All comments will be looked at by a moderator, however, due to the numbers of comments we receive, we can't promise that all will be posted on the site.
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Fri 19 March 2010, 4:40pm
- Moffat reveals Doctor Who new series launch date
- Fri 19 March 2010, 3:17pm
- Ashes to Ashes
- Fri 19 March 2010, 12:15pm
- Celebrity mashups promised on Sport Relief
- Wed 17 March 2010, 5:41pm
- Steven Moffat: "Can we redesign the Daleks?"
- Tue 16 March 2010, 11:15am
- How BBC iPlayer and podcasts can mess with your mind
- "I find I am going for extra walks…"
- Tue 23 March 2010, 1:42pm
- Doctor Who comes to you
- "Brendan - read my comment 2 down…"
- Tue 23 March 2010, 12:25pm
- "I love House M.D. the story lines…"
- Tue 23 March 2010, 10:40am