Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 03-23-10, 00:01

if i was him i would be annoyed too. he is a world class sprinter and when
Cav was not really looking like last year, he would have been the joker for
HTC. bad move by that team. they got what they deserved. nada.
Old 03-23-10, 02:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by hektoren View Post
The day that a British cycling Team lets a German onto their team is a day that is quite common in never-neverland, and otherwise figures most prominently in the figments of the mind of surrealists. IOW, it won't come to fruition.
Andre is too Teutonic, too German, too good, to ever figure on a team that believes too firmly in its own image among "ze-pritishers"
I do not concur us fellow from blihty have no problem with the gerries they are a great race of fellows.... but sky want british riders they cant take a sprinter ike greipal and not cavendish :S
Old 03-23-10, 05:19

Never really works does it? Griping in public - just comes across as sour grapes and no class. Should always talk with your bike not your mouth. In general I would say if this kind of thing needs to be said it should stay within the team.

And with these kinds of comments I always wonder if...

a) Is it quoted out of context

b) Something has been lost in the translation
Old 03-23-10, 05:59

Greipel desrves better and should leave HTC. He is such a great sprinter and shouldn't be given the leftover races that Cav doesn't want.

"He's (Evans) nailing Valverde into the Places" - Phil Liggett
Old 03-23-10, 06:41

One of them won't be at Columbia next season. Cavendish is either going to be poached by Sky or Greipel will get a better offer elsewhere. It's going to happen and it will happen sometime this year.

Ideally Columbia will want both to stay around until after the London Olympics when they then can look at Howard to be their sprinter full time. But I don't think their plan will work.
Old 03-23-10, 09:35

Default Columbia lose the Cavness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaculateKadence View Post
Cav won the race last year. Regardless of form, he earned the privilege of a team supporting only his efforts. If Cav didn't win, then yeah send two potential winners, but this year was Cav's race to win or lose.

EDIT: granted he has six wins, but consider what he has won, most of those are regarded as scrimmages by most of the peloton.
Still think AG should have been given a start on the weekend

1/ Cav was always going to be a longshot this year
2/ AG is in brilliant form
3/ Why should it hurt so much to have to potential winners on the squad, show the man some respect for gods sake instead of playing with one of the pelotons best riders careers.
Old 03-23-10, 15:32

Yes, he should have been given the start at MSR. But he should let his legs do the talking in Melbourne in September, then we'll see.