Bosnia-Herzegovina 2-1 Ghana: Dragons Rally To Defeat Black Stars
Bosnia came back from a goal down to beat the Black Stars in an international friendly aimed at helping the West Africans warm up ahead of the World Cup...
By K.N.S Mensah, Goal.com
Mar 3, 2010 7:00:00 PM
Bosnia-Herzegovina defeated World Cup finalists Ghana 2-1 in an international friendly in Sarajevo on Tuesday.
The West Africans took the lead on a Sulley Muntari 20-metre strike in the 22nd minute but the Nations Cup runners up gave up the opportunity to carry the day. The Inter midfielder who is just making a comeback into the team after being expelled on disciplinary grounds was set-up by Udinese’s Kwadwo Asamoah before he fired a low grounder that beat the Bosnian goalkeeper.
Vedac Ibisevic equalised for the Eastern European side in the 40th minute before the end of the first half.
In the 65th minute, Miralem Pjanic scored from a long range shot that beat youthful goalkeeper Daniel Agyei, who is playing in place of regular Richard Kingson of Wigan Athletic.
Black Stars coach Milovan Rajevac went into the game without nine key players as a result of injury but his strikers Prince Tagoe and Matthew Amoah could not fire enough to give him the win.
- World Cup 2010 Exclusive: Japan FA Vice-President Junji Ogura - Reaching The Second Round Is Success For Japan
- World Cup 2010 Know Your Rivals: Worst Moments - Honduras
- World Cup 2010 Know Your Rivals: Worst Tournament Moments - Chile
- World Cup 2010 Know Your Rivals Group E: Switzerland Hero - Kubilay Turkyilmaz
- World Cup 2010 Know Your Rivals: Worst Tournament Moments - Group G
- World Cup 2010: Panini Leave Francesco Totti Out Of Italy Squad
- World Cup 2010: South Africa's Andile Jali Proud To Have Made The Bafana Cut
- World Cup 2010: Florent Malouda Should Be A Role Model For France Hopefuls – Raymond Domenech
- World Cup 2010: French Players Have To Forget Their Egos - Raymond Domenech
- World Cup Comment: Africa Hosting The World Cup Is Like A Barren Woman Having Her First Child
- Goal.com Special: 10 Worst Premier League Transfers Of 2009-10
- Goal.com Special Report: Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger Will Have £45 Million Transfer War Chest This Summer
- Have Your Say: Who Has Been The Best Signing Of The Season?
- Manchester City Will Break The British Transfer Record For Arsenal Captain Cesc Fabregas - Report
- Goal.com Special: 10 Worst Serie A Transfers 2009-10
- Referee's Assistant Rapped By Inter Boss Jose Mourinho After ‘Celebrating’ Fiorentina’s Equaliser
- Premier League Player Ratings: Blackburn Rovers 0-0 Manchester United
- Barcelona Defender Dani Alves: Comparing Cristiano Ronaldo To Lionel Messi Is Ridiculous
- Calciopoli Watch: Giving Inter 2006 Scudetto Was A Mistake - Former FIGC President
- Manchester United Analysis: Making Wayne Rooney Bigger Than Cristiano Ronaldo And Other Tactical Mistakes From Sir Alex Ferguson
- Arsenal Set For Battle With Manchester United Over Fiorentina Goalkeeper Sebastien Frey - Report
- Juventus Striker Amauri Receives Italian Citizenship - OFFICIAL77
- Goal.com World Player Of The Week: Lionel Messi - Barcelona & Argentina70
- World Cup 2010: Panini Leave Francesco Totti Out Of Italy Squad58
- World Cup 2010: Carlos Dunga Must Call Milan's Ronaldinho For Brazil - Romario34
- World Cup 2010: Juventus Striker Amauri Is Italian, But An Italy Place Is Not Guaranteed - Marcello Lippi32
- World Cup 2010: Spain & Brazil Look A Cut Above The Rest - Argentina's Javier Mascherano17