Luca Filippi was the fastest driver of the pack in the Auto GP first free practice session in Brno. The Italian driver needed only 7 laps to clinch a 1'43"773 which was enough to set the pace of the field. Behind him, Jonny Reid was 3 tenths adrift just ahead of Duncan Tappy, again very fast after yesterday's testing.
Behind this virtual podium, two Italian drivers with an identical laptime Edoardo Piscopo and Fabio Onidi both stopped the clock on 1'44"661, confirming the good shape showed in the testing. Another duo was very close: there were just 0.005 between the two Trident drivers, Adrian Zaugg and Julian Leal, with Czech star Jan Charouz three tenths behind in front of frenchman Adrien Tambay. Vladimir Arabadzhiev, despite missing the testing due to the problems with flights, managed to stay in the top 10 with the number 2 DAMS car. Pantano was able to complete just two laps due to a driveshaft problem, while Bizzarri went off track with no damages for the driver and for the car. Also Giuseppe De Pasquale completed just two laps: he had to stop because to a wrist injury happened in Thursday's testing.
Brno Free Practice 1 laptimes
1. Luca Filippi EURONOVA 1:43.773
2. Jonny Reid SUPERNOVA 1:44.044
3. Duncan Tappy DAMS 1:44.138
4. Edoardo Piscopo DAMS 1:44.661
5. Fabio Onidi LAZARUS 1:44.661
6. Adrian Zaugg TRIDENT 1:44.863
7. Julian Leal TRIDENT 1:44.868
8. Jan Charouz CHAROUZ-GRAVITY RACING 1:45.166
9. Adrien Tambay CHAROUZ-GRAVITY RACING 1:45.362
10. Vladimir Arabadzhiev DAMS 1:45.419
11. Walter Grubmueller CHAROUZ-GRAVITY RACING 1:45.926
12. Giorgio Pantano SUPERNOVA 1:46.400
13. Celso Miguez RP MOTORSPORT 1:46.403
14. Stefano Bizzarri RP MOTORSPORT 1:46.815
15. Giuseppe De Pasquale DURANGO 1:47.064
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch reports from the race weekends, the highlights and the drivers' interviews.
On our Facebook fan page you will find special contents and you will have the opportunity to talk with our staff and the other fans.
Thanks to real-time updates on our Twitter account you won't miss the last news from Auto GP.
You don't have enough time to search the Web for news? Just subscribe to our RSS Feed!