Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old Today, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
I don't know...

I named them as my 5th favorite team in the OP, but I'm starting to re-think that. I based that largely on the strong performance the Rabo riders collectively put in in the prologue, but I'm re-thinking that now.

Very likely Rabobank was the only team where everyone was giving 100% effort in the prologue, whereas riders on other teams that didn't have a shot at a stage win didn't go flat out, either because of the wet-ish conditions or just cause they wanted to spare their energy... Now all the teams will be pushing it, and I'm decreasingly sure that Rabo can raise their game even further. We'll see, but I'm inching towards Scirea with his estimate that 8th-10th is probably more likely.
yeah it's hard to say. They certainly wont win anyway. 5-10 is likely. Wouldn't surprise me if it was lower though.
Old Today, 11:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy-loves-Rabo View Post
yeah it's hard to say. They certainly wont win anyway. 5-10 is likely. Wouldn't surprise me if it was lower though.
I have a weird feeling Rabo is going to have a mishap (read that as crash). I don't know why, and I certainly hope not!! But for some reason....
Old Today, 11:29

i think that the dutch fans are too pessimistic.

true that rabo does not have the big engines appropriate for the course similar to gamin etc but that hardly would matter because no team, none have the 5 evenly balanced riders...except rabo . so they will have to calibrate their pace...except rabo